Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQ] Which credit card is the best???

Options
  • 26-03-2007 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Ok then,

At the minute i have a student mastercard with AIB. Which incures the normal 40euro goverment stamp on it and not too sure of the APR% although i would normally pay it off in full so it would not be that important.

Anyways which credit cards are out there with the best offers? I have seen the following but dont know all details of each of them.

TESCO: for every €2 spent you get 1 clubcard point.
    CELTIC(mbna): You earn celtic reward points (although not too sure on the rate i.e. €? / points
    RYANAIR: when you sign up you get a free flight and then accumulate points with cash spent, dont know though how many points account to miles?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Personally I think blue AMEX is the best card in light of the 1% cashback you get on all purchases. The only downside is that a lot of Irish and Euroepan retailers don't accept it. I have a mastercard for those situations.

Like you I only use it as a cash substitute, pay it off every month and al so APRs and all that are beyond my level of knowledge....if I wan ted proper credit, I'd certainly not be using plastic for the purpose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from Bargain Alerts, think it is better off here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Joe_Soap

I have the normal Amex card and the MBNA Delta SkyMiles Visa card for collecting Delta SkyMiles air-miles (about the only two decent options for getting air-miles in Ireland). Amex gives 1 mile per euro, but the MBNA card only gives 1 mile per 2 euro :mad: . I find that supermarkets, most petrol stations and shops like Argos take Amex. If they don't i use the MBNA card instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Halifax have the best deal rate only 9% and 0% for six months and balance transfers
    Reward points are great if you want to spend 5 grand to get a tenners worth of crap vouchers
    Back off , you Bankers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

is there a balance transfer fee on the halifax card? i cant find info on their site

Advertisement