Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Dublin Accommodation

Options
  • 26-03-2007 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

I'm moving to Dublin soon for a new job and I'm looking for accomodation near the dart line. The job is on the southside but I don't have anything against going north, especially seeing as it tends to be a bit cheaper.

You hear alot of stuff about the northside being rougher and I was just wondering if this is just a load of rubbish, or maybe there are certain areas best avoided by newbies who don't really know what they're doing. The areas I'm mostly looking at are Clontarf, Killester, Artane, Raheny and maybe Kilbarrack.

Any help appreciated,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

dv wrote:
    I'm moving to Dublin soon for a new job and I'm looking for accomodation near the dart line. The job is on the southside but I don't have anything against going north, especially seeing as it tends to be a bit cheaper.

You hear alot of stuff about the northside being rougher and I was just wondering if this is just a load of rubbish, or maybe there are certain areas best avoided by newbies who don't really know what they're doing. The areas I'm mostly looking at are Clontarf, Killester, Artane, Raheny and maybe Kilbarrack.

Any help appreciated,
    Thanks.
    I'd avoid Kilbarrack and opt for Killester or Clontarf or Raheny,Artane is too far away from DART. There are much worse areas on the South side(parts of Crumlin,tallaght,Dolphins barn etc), most areas northside or southside that are close to DART are generally good areas in terms of crime etc.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'll second ronbyrne - Rahey, Clontarf, or Killester would be good. Fairview is also close enough to Clontarf Road DART station, which is the first train station you hit when you head northside from the city centre.

I'd ignore the various jibes against the northside - any side of the city centre has its bad side (the east side is particularly notorious :)).

If you want to live in a nicer area again and don't mind a slightly longer commute, check out Sutton/Howth. Little bit pricier but nice areas and you'd get a seat on the train in the mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dv

Thanks for the info guys.

Despite all the horror stories I heard about looking for accomodation in Dublin I got somewhere nice and not too expensive after just 2 days (on the northside). If I time the Dart right, I should be able to get from house to work in about 25-30 mins.

Guess I got lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Where did you opt for in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dv

Raheny

• Advertisement
Advertisement