Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to RTE?

Options
  • 26-03-2007 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right place for this. Looking to get to Donnybrook from Maynooth tonight and we're clueless if anyone can help me out. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

ClareBear wrote:
    Hope this is the right place for this. Looking to get to Donnybrook from Maynooth tonight and we're clueless if anyone can help me out. Thanks.
    From the city centre there are plenty of buses out to RTE, 46A being the main one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Sorry should have said that we're driving, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Car or public transport?

By public transport, your best bet is to get the Arrow from Maynooth. This will bring you as far as the Pearse Street Dart Station. From there, you could get the DART to Landsdowne Road which will leave you with a 15 min walk to Donnybrook or get the 46A like Blowfish suggested (the 46A is quite a reliable bus service).

Edit: Just saw your second post now.

Start the engine.
    Push the clutch pedal to the floor.
    Engage first gear.
    Move off.

For extra assistance, refer to the AA route planner (www.aaroadwatch.ie/routes) and Google Maps (maps.google.co.uk)

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Ha ha thanks Stark! :p

Must save that website, very handy. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

maps.live.com Travel directions. If someone local could verify their usefulness, though I have generally found Live Maps to be pretty reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

google maps here. RTE is on the corner between Stillorgan road and Nutley lane.

Appreciated, thanks very much for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Stark wrote:
    Car or public transport?

By public transport, your best bet is to get the Arrow from Maynooth. This will bring you as far as the Pearse Street Dart Station. From there, you could get the DART to Landsdowne Road which will leave you with a 15 min walk to Donnybrook or get the 46A like Blowfish suggested (the 46A is quite a reliable bus service).

Not really relevant but I think Sydney Parade is the closest DART station to RTE.

Advertisement