Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€200 + €20 Freezeout IO Sat, Malahide, Wednesday March 28th

Options
  • 26-03-2007 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭

1. Who is running the event - www.pokerireland.ie
    2. The purpose of the event - commercial
    3. Date and Location of event Wednesday 28th March, Westbury Card Club, The Green (Beside Malahide Marina), Malahide.
    4. Registration and Start time of event - Reg opens at 8pm, Tournament starts at 8:30pm sharp.
    5. Any prerequisites - Must be a member of Westbury (you can sign up on the night).
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number - on the night, no max.
    7. Type of Tournament - Hold'em - Freezeout
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc...€200
    9. Cost of registration €20
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund 100%
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool.....No
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels....N/A
    13. Starting Chips - 7,000
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts....N/A
    15. Blind levels - 25/50, 50/100, 100/200, 150/300, 150/300 (Ante 25)....Modelled directly off the Irish Open itself.
    16. Blind timeframes....30 Minute clock.
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash - One Irish Open Ticket for every €3,500 in the prize-pool.
    18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill - Yes, very very good dealers.
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules....Yes
    20. Is there a tournament director....yes
    21. How are disputes handled - Stephen Mc Lean will sort them out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pokerapprentice

carfax wrote:
    1. Who is running the event - www.pokerireland.ie
    2. The purpose of the event - commercial
    3. Date and Location of event Wednesday 28th March, Westbury Card Club, The Green (Beside Malahide Marina), Malahide.
    4. Registration and Start time of event - Reg opens at 8pm, Tournament starts at 8:30pm sharp.
    5. Any prerequisites - Must be a member of Westbury (you can sign up on the night).
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number - on the night, no max.
    7. Type of Tournament - Hold'em - Freezeout
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc...€200
    9. Cost of registration €20
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund 100%
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool.....No
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels....N/A
    13. Starting Chips - 7,000
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts....N/A
    15. Blind levels - 25/50, 50/100, 100/200, 150/300, 150/300 (Ante 25)....Modelled directly off the Irish Open itself.
    16. Blind timeframes....30 Minute clock.
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash - One Irish Open Ticket for every €3,500 in the prize-pool.
    18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill - Yes, very very good dealers.
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules....Yes
    20. Is there a tournament director....yes
    21. How are disputes handled - Stephen Mc Lean will sort them out.

hi stephen its al here how many are u expected down m8. make sure bruno sends out txts. r der any qualifers b4 half 8 m8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

glad to see this back in action Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

hi stephen its al here how many are u expected down m8. make sure bruno sends out txts. r der any qualifers b4 half 8 m8

Hi,

Yeah single table qualifiers from 7pm, I'll make sure texts are sent out so all the regular Westbiry players know about this......Don't know how many to expect. We've had numbers ranging from 14 to 22 but hopefully this gets a good turnout as it is so close to the Irish Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

I was speaking to The Man in The Westbury las night

the Matches will be on 2 big screens in the card room, so we can watch the Italy v Scotland and Ireland V Slovakia Games while we play poker

you gotta love it,

lets hope Mr Staunton gets it right this time

here's my prediction for both games

Ireland 2 Slovakia nil

Italy 3 Scotland minus 1, one goal taken away by the ref due to poor performance

Hi all,

We're expecting to get at least 20 players out to this tournament tonight judging by enquiries etc.........

In case you haven't noticed we will be showing the Ireland match during the tournament (not that I want to watch myself).

• Advertisement

Hi all I just wanted to give a quick report on this tournament.

We had 17 players (which I suppose wasn't bad considering the match was on) and offered to add €100 to the prizepool if players wanted to play for the Irish Open ticket.

In the end the €3,400 prizepool was split three ways.
    The split was just about even - 1,100, 1,100 and 1,200 - although the CL had about 70% of chips in play (the other two with 15% each).

Hope all players that took part enjoyed it and I hope you tell everyone that it was good value......When there were four players left the average stack was almost 40 times the big blind.

Our last Dublin satellite into the Irish Open will be in the Westbury next Wednesday 4th April and we hope to get at least two tickets out then.
    €200 Freezeout same blind structure but I would expect at least 35 runners.

Advertisement