Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer C311xmi Problems

Options
  • 26-03-2007 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Ì just noticed that my Acer Tablet PC (C311XMI) has developed a couple of faults. I can no longer get the VGA out to work and the wireless network card keeps dropping the signal.

I found a Dublin number on their support site but when I call it I get the message that it doesn't exist !!!. I bought the laptop in The Laptop Shop in St.Stephens Green 9 months ago and they don't seem to be open this morning.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can get this repaired under warranty ? or have you had any expieriences with Acer support ?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I just spoke to the Laptop Shop and they are saying that my warranty is with Acer and its nothing to do with them, even though I bought the laptop from them just 9 months ago.

Can anyone confirm this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That doesn't sound right. Have a look on the Oasis government website under the Sale of Goods act. From what I remember, the contract is with the place of purchase, not the manufacturer.

tom dunne wrote:
    That doesn't sound right. Have a look on the Oasis government website under the Sale of Goods act. From what I remember, the contract is with the place of purchase, not the manufacturer.

Thats what I was thinking, I made that mistake with MS when my Xbox360 broke. I'll see if I can find the reference on Oasis and print it out for them.

Here's the info on the consumer assocaition of Ireland's website. The ball is in their court.

tom dunne wrote:
    Here's the info on the consumer assocaition of Ireland's website. The ball is in their court.

I don't suppose you have a link to section of the Sale Of Goods act that says that the supplier is responsable and not the manufacturer ?

• Advertisement

I don't, but it's there on the CAI website.

Oh, and on the question of Acer support - have a read of the thread linked in my sig.

tom dunne wrote:
    I don't, but it's there on the CAI website.

Thanks Tom ;)

Advertisement