Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fist

Options
  • 25-03-2007 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Up Down
    Up Down
    Up Down
    Up Down
    Up Down
    Up Down
    Up Down
    Up Down
    TERROR
    Up Down
    GUILT
    Up Down
    so so alone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

IMHO: Sorry Oliver, I just don't feel the terror or guilt. I know it's there because you tell me it is, but other than that, I'm not getting it. That said, you have a very strong foundation there on which to stretch those emotions.

I do like how mechanical the Up Down seems to be. However, I wonder if there shouldn't be something more graphic if you want the reader to engage with the victim/attacker.

It just seems a bit too detached and not connected enough or something for me. That's not to say the poem itself isn't constructed well, but rather that it seems very detached from its subject matter. I need a little gore or my heartstrings tugged by a vocal exchange or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 OliverTheLithe

hey thats cool, thanks for the feedback

Advertisement