Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not enough room to use second PC Card slot?

Options
  • 25-03-2007 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I have a wireless network card in the top slot of my laptop. I want to put a usb2 card in the second slot, but as you can see from the picture, there is a bump on the top (as there is on my existing wireless card). which would make it difficult if not impossible to fit.

Most laptops seem to have PC card slots that are directly adjacent to each other and most cards I see seem to have this 'extra frontage' on them. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,
    Merlin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The only thing I can think of is to get rid of the wireless card and get a USB wireless adapter. This will free up the PCMCIA slot for the USB2 card.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

I think you're right Tom. I think I'll just put up with USB1 until I have another reason to upgrade and then get a new laptop altogether. I've been dying for an excuse anyway and I've upgraded everything as far as the laptop can handle.

Advertisement