Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster - new sponsor for next season?

Options
  • 25-03-2007 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

I heard a rumour that Bank of Scotland will not be renewing their sponsorship of Leinster. Does anyone know if this is true?

I was going to buy a new top yesterday, but theres no point if it's going to change in a few weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Yeah, Bank of Scotland are ending their deal this year. I can think of a few hilarious replacement suggestions that will inevitably be made, Heineken, Dubarry etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

It has to be Wavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

sexy pipes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Wavin and Griffith College :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

wouldnt dubary be really funny though, seriously i couldnt imagine.:D
    Wavin already have leinster connection with Hickie in the advert "make the right connections" lol.
    I can think of a few others like San Tropez Summer Tan, Brylcream etc... any others?? :0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭flsghujslkuo

Quality meats :) From the GAA jerseys.... can't remember what county had them!

Oh I can't help myself.. Maybelline seems appropriate as all the players use it.....sorry, that was too obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Could be some decent sponsorship, considering they'll be European Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i hear it's either another "foreign" bank or a French car manufacturer.

I was hoping for the Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy Group personally.

oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Krystale! the new haunt for the goys, roysh and the champagne ( FYI a type of fizzy white wine for the Munster boys ;) ) rugby style !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Along as it's not f***ing Budweiser. I f***ing hate Budweiser and everyone associated with their promotion. Not just because the beer tastes like P*** (which it does) but because of that God awful ad that's being aired at the moment with the guy standing outside the pub screaming his head off.

It always seems to be the first ad to come on, so the volume automatically goes up just as soon as that floppy haired f***wit yelling at the top of his voice. And I never seem to have the remote to hand so I can zap it off before yer man starts his screaming. It sets my teeth on edge and just makes me want to hit someone, preferably him.

Maybe it's just me.

If Leinster accept sponsorship from that shower of irritants I'm not watching them any more.

So there.

• Advertisement

Seemingly it is Bank of Ireland and it's 1.1m a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭shmaido

^^do you know if thats much of an improvement on RBS's deal?

Probably is but not sure by how much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

I'd say it is a good deal seeing as there was a bidding war between Peugeot and Bank of Ireland. But it is nothing compared to Toyota's €5 million three deal with Munster.

Linford wrote:
    But it is nothing compared to Toyota's €5 million three deal with Munster.

Do you have the ins and outs of both deals?

I'd be curious to see them and how/where all the money is earmarked in both...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Annabels anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Bank of Ireland are taking over the sponsorship @ 1.1m p.a, 3 yr deal. I have that on good authority.
    Am I right in saying that Leinster have only been sponsored by banks over the years? ACC, BOSI and now BOI?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

zabbo wrote:
    Could be some decent sponsorship, considering they'll be European Champions
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭siochain

confirmed in todays independent

'There will be some good news for the stricken province this afternoon when Bank of Ireland confirm their sponsorship of the franchise to the tune of some €1.1million per annum. '

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Has anyone seen the ads for Bank of Scotland in recent newspapers where they use Leinster rugby in the ad?

"Confident.Committed. (and that's just the sponsors)"

Ironic at this stage

• Advertisement
Advertisement