Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assistance needed, please....

Options
  • 24-03-2007 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Have purchased the Targa Traveller Notebook (with wireless Lan)
    however can not connect to any network. I am using a Netgear Rangemax Wireless router. My question is, am I missing something ? is there something that needs to get ticked in setup ? If I insert my brother's wireless laptop card I can surf/email with great speed, so connection seems to be ok.
    I am literally brand new to all this, went to Lidl last week and way we go......
    (until now!!):( :confused::(:confused:

Thank you for any assistance you can give,
    H.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

I am not trying to be funny but is the WLAN switch on in your laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 HB745

Believe me, I'm not being funny back at you, where/what is this switch.
    When I say I'm Green, I mean it....

Thanks a million for reply:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

WLAN = Wireless Lan (Local Area Network)

Wireless is heavy on battery if left on and generally(more than likely) the laptop will have a switch to turn it on our off. As to where it is I don't know. On my mum's HP it is on the keyboard. It is called HP wireless assistant. You can activate it form the computer also in control panel but thats only that laptop. You said that it worked with another card so I presume the configuration is ok. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 HB745

Many thanks...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 easkey1

If you have “my network Place” icon the desktop
    Click it
    If not goto control panel and it’s there
    Look for “view network connections” click it
    Now you should see wireless network connection
    Double click on it
    All the properties are there
    Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

There might be a key combination like Function Shift to turn WiFi on or off instead of a physical switch.

Advertisement