Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks on N3

Options
  • 24-03-2007 8:11pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ive noticed recently there appears to be some roadworks at the Fairyhouse junction on the N3 on the left side as you drive towards Dublin, this goes on for about half a mile with alot of earth dug up. Does anyone know what it is for? It cant be for the M3 as I dont think that has started yet and thats due to go the other side of the N3 rather than the Ratoath side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Tonio

I think it must be related to the M3 works. As you head towards Dublin there is an NDP sign for the M3 roadworks. I think there will be an interchange somewhere in the vicinity of these roadworks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Navan Junction

The works (on the way to Dublin) on the left is spoil from the M50 works to be used on the M3.

The clearance on the right approaching the field before the Dunboyne turn-off is the clearance work for Phase 1 one of the Navan railway.

The interchange will be just before the Dunboyne turn-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

Are you sure about the clearance for the Navan railway by Dunboyne?
    It looks like there has been CPO on the houses on the left by the one way bridge and the garage site is also being cleared. I would have thought its for the M3.

I thought the Navan railway was still pie in the sky! Maybe not, could tie in with the Clonee to Leixlip roadworks also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Skyhater

ongarite wrote:
    I thought the Navan railway was still pie in the sky!

Na, Clonsilla to Pace (Park and Ride) is full steam ahead!!! Clearance work has begun.

ongarite wrote:
    I thought the Navan railway was still pie in the sky!
    That is a fair description of it! But Dunboyne/Pace will happen.

4.7 miles to Pace, another 18 miles to Navan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cheers, was on the N3 again this morning and saw the sign saying M3 works by Siac Ferrovial so looks like its finally starting:)

Chances are when it does open 2010, or about that, you'll keep using the old road.

Commuters north of Dunshaughlin are likely to cut off at Dunshaughlin, and go west across the new link road, and down to the Blackbull via the Trim road rather than the N3, to avoid the toll..

You should have a relatively clear run down using the N3..

Advertisement