Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate 3rd series title announced

Options
  • 24-03-2007 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

Finally, there is a few more details about the third series. Its going to be called Stargate Universe, more details on gateworld here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Awful, awful title. Thank Christ its only a working one at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

According to gateworld. New show deals with ninth chevron....

8th brings you to a different galaxy

9th might bring you to...ANOTHER UNIVERSE? OH NOEZ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

robnubis wrote:
    9th might bring you to...ANOTHER UNIVERSE? OH NOEZ

Dear God no. Us humans are gonna ruin yet another universe. Better not be one of those '1 way trips' as Atlantis was at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Sounds interesting. The main problem with Atlantis, IMOH, is that they were dealing with pretty much the same stuff SG-1 did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

delta36 wrote:
    Sounds interesting. The main problem with Atlantis, IMOH, is that they were dealing with pretty much the same stuff SG-1 did.

Also, the badly written characters (which is most of them) and terrible actors (there are rather a few). Also the lack of a sense of humour, not enough variety in the sets, i could go on.... Basically the whole thing was a retrograde step from sg1 back in the direction of star trek.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,133 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i can take a bit of ham acting in my sci-fi hokum, but the wraith are just laughable in 'person'. all they need is a bit of calpol, and they lose most of their evilness.

i think they should call the next series "STARGATE SPICK AND SPAN', and set it among the cleaning staff who have the highest security clearance on earth, and document their trials and tribulations as they try to get staff blast marks off the gateroom wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Am i the only person who actually likes Atlantis?

either way, they have alot of potential with this new series, lets hope they do a half decent job.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

What? No I love Atlantis.... it just didn't go far enough away from SG-1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Furlings!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

either way, they have alot of potential with this new series, lets hope they do a half decent job.

I used to love Atlantis, the first season was some of the ebst Stargate I ever saw. But from season 2's 4th epsode on it was ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

i think they should call the next series "STARGATE SPICK AND SPAN', and set it among the cleaning staff who have the highest security clearance on earth, and document their trials and tribulations as they try to get staff blast marks off the gateroom wall.

LMAO!!!
    It's hard to see what direction they'll bring the show. They said its not going to be another atlantis but tbh i cant see what else they can do(that isnt SG1). The ninth chevron might have something to do with time travel or alternate dimensions.:eek:

Personally i wanna go back to the Alteran's home galaxy and start exploring for them, or maybe the furlings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah, that would be an idea, but as has already been said, short of diong the other galaxy thing, there is little room for originality in the SGC setting.
    'Stargate Command' as season 9 was going to be called would have been a brilliant turn in my opinion.

Advertisement