Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

termination of a contract before it has begun

Options
  • 23-03-2007 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi, just looking a bit of advice. I am in my final year in college doing accounting and applied for jobs during the milkround. Before christmas I did an interview and got offered a job which I took. It wasn't a job I particularly wanted but I accepted it anyways in case I didn't get anything else. During the milkround I applied for a couple of other jobs aswell and did aptitude tests in January and just got an interview for one last week. I have since got offered the second job. Its a much better job than the first one and I really want it. Just wondering what is my position with rejecting the first job that I accepted and signed a contract with?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭bloodninja

hand in your notice in the first job and take the second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I think you'll be fine, just take the job you want. I'd probably ring the institute to check though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

You accepted the job - but I doubt you signed the ICAI or equivalent 'training contract' - as you haven't even got your degree yet.

Ring up the place you accepted the job, pass on the message, and then send an email confirming it. Sin é.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭lochie

Great thanks for all the replies. No haven't signed any training contract, just contract of employment with the firm. The main problem with the first job is that I don't want to do ACA, I want to do ACCA so I don't really care bout the institute anyway!

Advertisement