Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question -S-Video Problem

Options
  • 23-03-2007 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

I've an old Dell Inspiron 1100 machine (it's about 5/6 years old) and I bought a composite cable from Dixons so that I could plug it into the back of the TV and watch DVDs/DIVx etc but there's no video on screen at all. My laptop goes black as if the picture has been moved but nothing comes up on the TV.

Someone said that I need a specific cable from dell to make this work, anybody know for sure or give me a hint on where to go from here?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You will need to establish what type of video signal is being output by the laptop and make sure that the television can handle it. Somehow I doubt that a laptop that old will output S-video.

You may also need to adjust the settings on the tv for the input you have the connection to so as to make sure that the input is geared towards what ever signal the laptop is outputting.

Advertisement