Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking the lock on a closed thread.

Options
  • 23-03-2007 11:28am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

I am wondering how secure those little pad locks are that the mods use to close threads? Has anyone ever picked them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Yeah you can open them easy enough, just highlight the lock, right click and select re-open..

Or

The real question is
    how long do you think it will take for you to get banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Hopefully soon, with this type of threat and warning being posted in threads that have nothing to do with Christianity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

ned78 wrote:
    Hopefully soon, with this type of threat and warning being posted in threads that have nothing to do with Christianity.

That Amstel Noah’s ark add had very much to with Christianity, It was very offensive to Christian believers as it made light of the Word of God in the book of Genesis and I had every right to voice an opinion on it in the marketing forum where the thread was placed..

Anyway this topic is totally off the subject on the thread security of this website.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Bradidup wrote:
    I had every right to voice my opinion on it.

Not in the marketing Forum you didn't, and certainly not by posting threats and warnings. You could feel free to start a thread in the Christianity Forum where it belonged, and that would be an appropriate place to air your grievances. It didn't win you any friends for sure.

But you're right, that would be taking this thread OT just like you took that one OT. Questioning how to bypass the Mod and Admin's authority on this site is also not a good way to make friends when you're new to the site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Questioning how to bypass the Mod and Admin's authority on this site is also not a good way to make friends when you're new to the site.

The real question is
    how long do you think it will take for you to get banned?

Well the subject is very much constructive for the mod & admin. As already stated tampering will result in banning, couldnt get more clearer than that. Im sure more warnings will be added.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Bradidup wrote:
    Well the subject is very much constructive for the mod & admin.

We already know thanks.
    I suggest you think first before posting another thread.

B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement