Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to change, play, etc...

Options
  • 23-03-2007 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello!

I'm new to Dublin, I have been playing MTG for years (and other card games) and I like to found a place to play and to exchange cards, also to play tournaments if they are.

I've searched and found a lot in Carlow and Galway, but none in Dublin, also checked some comic shop in the city center but no notice.

For more details, I'm living in Dun Laoghaire.

Anyway, here I am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

There should be lots of dublin players. Im sure someone will post up here shortly with the required information.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Okay, here's info on players to the best of my knowledge.

Saturdays and Sundays, go to the 3rd place on Crow Street in templebar. It's kinda hard to find but if you go down dame street its the little road on the other side of the Mercantile bar and grill. Usually from 1pm onwards theres a decent amount of players there, they also sometimes do drafts and minimaster tournaments.

Wednesdays you can go to the Royal Dublin Hotel on o'connell street. for €2 you can play anyone else who shows up and if you bring your own product you can enter into a draft.

For info on tournaments check out http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/irl_magic_list/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shalafi

MatthewVII, thanks a lot, I founded the place this Saturday with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I was thinking about heading into town tommorow, can anyone confirm that this is still being played in town?

Also anyone in the churchtown,dundrum,rathfarnham, templeogue area interested in setting up a play day, I can get the glenside pub's function room most weekday afternoons and probably saturday and sunday day..

Anyone interested?

Myself I havent played in some years, six'd edition would have been about the time I gave up.. but Ive just invested in a bunch of new cards and want to get back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

hi there. me and my bro have started to play mtg and find it hard to find new player to play against we are also in dublin tallaght/clondalkin area but can travel.
    as i said we are newish to the game we know the main basic rules but want to become better at the game and learn new rules and ideas on how to compile a goo d decent deck ourselves instead of using mostly themed decks.

if anyone would be intereste din meeting up for a few casual games let me know and we can arrange something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

You should look for the 3rd place on crow st. in temple bar,there is another shop
    downstairs where alot of gamers meet up to play games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gregorius23

Hi,

I'm looking for place in Dublin where can I buy some boosters, cards ...

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

i know this is the magic:gathering forum but does anyone play versus card game in the 3rd place? i want to go down and play but i'd at least want to go when i know there is at least someone there to play against

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

The lads are there just about every saturday playing spoils.. there is one or two there who play versus. I'd drop in any saturday if I was you to find out more. Usually from about 12ish onwards.

Advertisement