Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Lathe

Options
  • 22-03-2007 11:11pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I went to the big smoke this week , to buy a bandsaw for the company i work for. And came home with the best bargain in a lathe ever.

Center to center 2000mm , 500 mm diameter spindle turning capacity. Over the bed bowl turning 500mm.
    And out board bowl turning a whopping 42"....yeah thats what i said.
    4 jaw chucks, 3 jaw chucks, cup chucks, 3 faceplates, cross slides, twin tool posts, extended tool rests, and 2.2 kw 3 phase power.

Returned from a training center, never used, oil on the bed is still there.

I was afraid to ask the price, but got up the courage. And the sales man said.......2000 e.....yeah thats right 2000. Then i fainted......recovered and said , keep it for me . Job done.

Make .centauro TM 2000..Well why wouldn.t I buy it, its got my name all over it;) ;);)

kadman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭carpainter

Nice find, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Wow! Never heard of Centauro, I must admit, but that's one monster of a lathe ... hope you've got room for it!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

10 feet long , 4 feet high, 1-6 wide,

centauro is an industrial woodworking manufacturer , top class. Right place at the right time. I'll get it in somewhere:D :D

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Stanirish

Well done on your find, pulled one of them out of a school recently as had to replace it with a DVR as it wasn't up to CE approval, beast of a lathe, had a copy attachment and all on it, - went for public auction and hate to tell you what it made as no-one was interested in it from what I heard. Fine lathe, they still have a web site for parts etc, but look around some schools for parts as alot of them upgrading this year and alot of machinery being disposed off - union graduates are coming out and being replaced now by mulitco graduates - damn expensive machine being now built in india as they bought the union moulds and brought them up now to CE approval with variable speed models etc - look out for the new ones in you local schools, should be installed during the summer.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Mind those squirrels and nests now kadman - when you are spinning those tree trunks.

I have the Poolewood 2000 and must admit - it great having the power there to use when needed,

enjoy and post a few pics when you get it.

K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Goodman Kadman. I would love to see a few pics of it?

I'l call up and have a good luck one of the days when I get the jeep fixed. It's in having engine problems sorted out at the moment.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Sure I might take the old jeep off your hands for a few tuning lessons g..dude:p :p

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Lol its under major surgery at the moment. I reckon it's gona cost me at least €1000 to fix. It's €750 so and two of the heads have to be skimmed so add whatever that costs onto that and they are being pressure tested for cracks also so hope they are not cracked.

Would love some turing lessons if only I had the money.

Advertisement