Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank

Options
  • 22-03-2007 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Its out on iTunes although the UK release date is the 2nd of April.

So far it seams like a solid album with some excellent additions from Johnny Marr.
    Favourite tracks: "Dashboard", Parting of the sensory", "Missed the boat", "Education", "Little Motel" "Steam Engenius" and "Spitting Venom"

Also, Modest Mouse just announced their summer tour locations, no Irish date unfortunately. London in May seams like the best bet :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Always listening to Dashboard on their myspace. Didnt notice this was out yet...was thinking april/may! Got to get it now...better be worth that extra three euro =P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The London date has been up for ages, it's sold out as far as i know... Missed the Boat and Education are my fav's

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Havent listened to the album yet, but as for no appearance of an Irish show yet - usually the Irish show is one of the last to be announced on a European tour. I don't know why, but its happened a few times. They'll probably announce it in the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

They've never played here though so might well skip us again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

was disappointed with this, even tho i really <3 MM. Dashboard is great as is parting of the sensory and spitting venom. maybe its a bit upbeat for me (not a criticism - im just being subjective :p) i like the depressing slower songs usually (baby blue sedan/pretty sunset/the one about eating snowflakes with plastic forks that i disappointingly cant remember the name of *shame*)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

.... (baby blue sedan/pretty sunset/the one about eating snowflakes with plastic forks that i disappointingly cant remember the name of *shame*)

Trailer Trash ;)

Great song :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

thank you kind sir :) having a bit of a goldfish moment i guess... tis one of my faves alright

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Modest Mouse = Mouse On Mars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Modest Mouse = Mouse On Mars

Nope. Not even close dude.

Advertisement