Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Anti Spam suggestions

Options
  • 22-03-2007 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

HAs anybody ever heard of "Spamfighter"
    http://www.spamfighter.com.

They say they are great :rolleyes: But I cant seem to find any independant reviews which usually isn't a good sign

Or

if anybody knows any other free anti spam program that integrates into Outlook express.

Spambayes unfortunately only integrates with Outlook and the manual setup is probably to cumborsome for the individual that I am setting this up for

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

You could just move them to thunderbird its spam filter isnt that bad out of the box and it learns as it goes.

Plus its free, open source, updates itself and my parish priest can use it......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

Actually thats not a bad idea. I use thunderbird myself (doh!) and its not to bad. Only problem is the person is pretty au fait with OE and it may take a while to learn something new. (I know its straight forward, but not to everyone)

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I use the MessageLevel plugin in Thunderbird for spam checking and return path validation. Since I don't get any spam to that particular account, I can't comment for sure on its effectiveness, though I have seen some strange results from addresses I wouldn't expect to.

Advertisement