Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open Betting - Calling PPPPitBoss/KarlH

Options
  • 21-03-2007 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Guys any chance of a few more markets for the Irish Open?

How about a markets for the following
    • To make the money - your gonna have to be top 10% to cash and this is surely an exploitable market, the current market does not offer any value for EW punters with a top 6 or 8 payout. There must be potential in a "to make the money market" - from a bookmaking perspective this is potentially a very lucrative book also.
    • Top Boardsie (obv this wouldnt have to go on the website and it could be an on demand market - you could post prices here for info)

Im sure others have suggestions also but would you at least bounce the idea off the trader who prices the poker market.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

shouldn't be a problem. we'll be adding the lucrative Ollieboy v KP last longest market as well as a 'get Chiefed' special too so i'll have a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

karlh wrote:
    a 'get Chiefed' special

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Boardsie to ft/win?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

The amount of people the chief knocks out?
    the % of boardsies in the Money?
    The Age of the winner?
    The Amount of chips the CL has at the Final Table?
    The amount of times AA loses at the Final Table?
    Boardsies knocked out in Day 1/2/3?
    Youngest player to cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

karlh wrote:
    shouldn't be a problem. we'll be adding the lucrative Ollieboy v KP last longest market as well as a 'get Chiefed' special too so i'll have a word.

I suggested to a friend just the other night that the Chief should have special t-shirts to give to any person he busts.

A picture of him pointing and the slogan 'You got chiefed' or 'I got Chiefed and all I got....'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

The amount of people the chief knocks out?
    the % of boardsies in the Money?
    The Age of the winner?
    The Amount of chips the CL has at the Final Table?
    The amount of times AA loses at the Final Table?
    Boardsies knocked out in Day 1/2/3?
    Youngest player to cash?

€50+5 says you dont cash (i.e. a tournament entry in the jackpot)??

Anyone willing to lay me odds on cashing? Top 63 i think that is?

ditpoker wrote:
    €50+5 says you dont cash (i.e. a tournament entry in the jackpot)??
    €500 says YOU dont cash!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

you may be assured that Paddy Power (the creative genius that he is) will consider taking all bets, no matter how bizarre you make them, in fact the likelyhood is that the more bizarre you make it, the more likely he is to take the bet

if you get in touch with them over in Paddy Power and ask what odds etc for anything and i do mean anything
    they will take your bet

i know they are taking plenty of mine
    make the money
    make the final table
    make the final 5%
    make the final 2
    win
    the only bet they wouldnt take was the one where i tried to bet that i wouldnt play and even at that, they were considering it, since they know my form and i am very likely to play, regardless of my limited skill level

you would imagine that with a field of 600+ and considering my low level of wins, that i could get better than 150/1, sure thats the same feckin odds as some of the pros for gods sake

last year in the Poker Open in City west, day 2 had me starting in 6th chip count in a field of 180 players still in, yet the odds offered were only 8/1 to win, only Ram was shorter odds at 6's
    when i tried arguing, the guy very smartly produced a result sheet with my name on it, "hmmmmm 17 cash outs in 25 events, i dont think i can adjust your odds" the louser had done his bloody homework

did you ever see a poor bookie ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Anyone willing to lay me odds on cashing? Top 63 i think that is?

4/1?? And no entering into negotiation on the price. It's take it or leave it!! :p

I'll take a max €50 bet Noel.

• Advertisement

ollyk1 wrote:
    4/1?? And no entering into negotiation on the price. It's take it or leave it!! :p

I'll take a max €50 bet Noel.

Olly come on now you are an actuary, you do the math?

Actuarily fair price is 60/1 (contradict me here Olly if you want - its not often you get the chance :) )

Considering I am a 250/1 shot to win it, That means I should be a 25/1 shot to make the money. Ok when your making a book you have to allow for all the deadwood in the field - players that are playing but who are never gonna cash - when you take out players like PPPSpecial, KPNuts, NFR, Flushdraw, Halfbaked, PillowTalk, LuckyLloyd, SemiBluff etc etc etc then you realise I am effectively playing a tourney with an overlay. With that in mind if I could get 16/1 on myself to cash id be prepared to have a nice wager.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

I see I'm 350/1 which considering that the biggest game I've ever played is a $100 freezeout (twice) which makes me wonder what sort of form the 3 people on 400/1 and the 7 people on 500/1 have? I think I should be at least 1000/1. Still nice to see one's name in lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

the only bet they wouldnt take was the one where i tried to bet that i wouldnt play and even at that, they were considering it, since they know my form and i am very likely to play, regardless of my limited skill level

you would imagine that with a field of 600+ and considering my low level of wins, that i could get better than 150/1, sure thats the same feckin odds as some of the pros for gods sake

last year in the Poker Open in City west, day 2 had me starting in 6th chip count in a field of 180 players still in, yet the odds offered were only 8/1 to win, only Ram was shorter odds at 6's
    when i tried arguing, the guy very smartly produced a result sheet with my name on it, "hmmmmm 17 cash outs in 25 events, i dont think i can adjust your odds" the louser had done his bloody homework

did you ever see a poor bookie ????

Ahem, thinly veiled ... belongs in the "Brag Thread" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

a lot of these taken on board. There will be a couple of markets for boardsies next week.

you can see the current markets here and check back to see The Chief section next week :):

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_sports_level1&category=SPORTS&ev_class_id=138

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Poker Hound

Olly come on now you are an actuary, you do the math?

Actuarily fair price is 60/1 (contradict me here Olly if you want - its not often you get the chance :) )

Considering I am a 250/1 shot to win it, That means I should be a 25/1 shot to make the money. Ok when your making a book you have to allow for all the deadwood in the field - players that are playing but who are never gonna cash - when you take out players like PPPSpecial, KPNuts, NFR, Flushdraw, Halfbaked, PillowTalk, LuckyLloyd, SemiBluff etc etc etc then you realise I am effectively playing a tourney with an overlay. With that in mind if I could get 16/1 on myself to cash id be prepared to have a nice wager.

10% of the field make the money and 90% dont and that makes average player a 9/1 chance to make the money. You are 250/1 to win and you say you say actuarily fair price is 60/1 which is just under quarter the odds to make the top 63 in a full field? Average win price should be closer to 600/1ish(1 in 600 win in full field) which is where you may be getting the 60/1 but one in 10 cash(9/1). You will find as numbers increase in registration that prices will be pushed out with Paddy Power so wait till last day to place bet. They are hoping for full field but at the moment with according to web site 299 so far and they may only get 450/500. If full field I think 250/1 shots now will be pushed to 300/1 plus.

Liam.

Ahem as I said earlier.:p
    ollyk1 wrote:
    no entering into negotiation on the price.

If you get a better price take it. This isn't betfair!

The thing isn't fully sold and 63 spots are being paid. You fancy yourself as an above average player and I like to get the best of it...you do the math!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

"Age of winner - under 26 @ 6/1"

"Winner to be younger than the Irish open(26) @ 9/2"

Am I missing something or are these the same bets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭5pin5

what price will you give me to make the money noel

• Registered Users Posts: 36,195 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5pin5 wrote:

Eamonn, are you going to just get your regular dose of lucky cards etc. during the open; or do you intend to be extra - special lucky for the Open?? This would change the price a lot...:D

5pin5 wrote:

I wont...

Poker Hound - my eyes hurt reading your post.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I wont...

He is right though....

I wont...

Should be your ego that is hurt. I politely point out the correct odds to you and you respond as above. Embarrasing lack of knowledge regarding odds on your behalf would have been the impolite response. My simplistic explanation was for your benefit only but maybe you still believe you are right?

You can have Euro100 on yourself to make the money at 9/1

Liam.

I am away in Vegas for 2 weeks starting April 5th but if you want to bet and you make the money, I will meet you Monday, April 23rd in the Sporting Emporium to pay up.

Should be your ego that is hurt.
    ouch (enter funny hambag picture here)

Should be your ego that is hurt. I politely point out the correct odds to you and you respond as above. Embarrasing lack of knowledge regarding odds on your behalf would have been the impolite response. My simplistic explanation was for your benefit only but maybe you still believe you are right?

Liam.

I am away in Vegas for 2 weeks starting April 5th but if you want to bet and you make the money, I will meet you Monday, April 23rd in the Sporting Emporium to pay up.

I am liking the cut of this man's jib. Sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown down to Noel...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

What's a jib? :D

The-Rigger wrote:
    What's a jib? :D

PROMOTE THAT MAN!!:D

Liam.

Undercutter!! ;)

You'd easily get him to agree at 5/1 Liam! Either way its easy money I guess :D

Liam.

Im sorry - people (inc your good self) must have taken my response the wrong way :confused: . I was making no suggestion that there was any errors in your post - if your opinion is contrary please tell me upon what it is founded? My post was meant exactly as it was written - my eyes were truly hurting reading your post. I was just out of the leaba with a killing headache.

and
    Embarrasing lack of knowledge regarding odds on your behalf would have been the impolite response.

for various reasons i would be at pains to disagree

Thanks for the offer but it isnt hitting the right notes for me at the minute.

No problem. Best of luck in the IO in any case.

• Advertisement

PMSL - Powers have priced up OllieBoy and KP in a last longest....

gloves are off!!

Advertisement