Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathgar to Sandymount on bus

Options
  • 21-03-2007 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am moving to Rathgar in 2 weeks. I will be working in Sandymount. I was wondering if there is a bus service running from Rathgar to Sandymount. I checked out Dublinbus.ie buy not knowing bus routes I could not tell.

Thanks
    Michael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

The 18 bus gets you as far as Rathmines

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=18

• Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭Trampas

I say it would be nearly quicker walking or even buy a bike as it wouldn't take that long to cycle it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

aye - the 18 is a rubbish service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭strassenwolf

The 18 bus gets you as far as Rathmines

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=18

The 18 also goes through Kenilworth Square, which may be a bit closer to "Rathgar", depending on what thegoth meant.

It is normally a poxy service - there's plenty of buses timetabled, but it's quite possible to wait up to an hour for a bus along the route. (I'm not sure think that extending it to Belfield is going to help matters).

A bike would certainly be a better bet overall. It shouldn't take longer than about 20 minutes to get from Rathgar to Sandymount, and maybe about 5 minutes longer going in the opposite direction. That should easily beat the bus in both directions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭JaysusMacfeck

The 18 takes for fúcking EVER. I reckon you get a bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In the morning the 18 is congested from Grovenor Road to Ranelagh, especially at Rathmines Garda station - its quicker walking. I've seen people get off one number 18 and walk forward and get on the next one in front.

Advertisement