Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting a Poker Event as a Fundraiser?

Options
  • 20-03-2007 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am a very casual player of the poker. I don't enter competitions and only play as a mild hobby. However, I am interested in the possibility of hosting a one-time event as a fundraiser for a local club. I was wondering does anybody have any idea if any of the crowds that do regular competitions offer their services out for a night, dealer, chips, equipment, running of event, etc. for a fee and at the end of it we just take the leftover profit after the game towards our event that we wish to fundraise.

Is this even a plausible idea? What other options are more realistic? Or any other suggestions for this type of event?

All answers are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭PokerEvents-Ste

Hi everyone,

I am a very casual player of the poker. I don't enter competitions and only play as a mild hobby. However, I am interested in the possibility of hosting a one-time event as a fundraiser for a local club. I was wondering does anybody have any idea if any of the crowds that do regular competitions offer their services out for a night, dealer, chips, equipment, running of event, etc. for a fee and at the end of it we just take the leftover profit after the game towards our event that we wish to fundraise.

Is this even a plausible idea? What other options are more realistic? Or any other suggestions for this type of event?

All answers are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

PokerEvents can supply such a service. We can supply all the equiptment needed to run the event. I will send you on a contact number by PM (private message) to discuss this further and in detail

Regards
    Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

im thinking of running a poker fundraiser for a club that a few boardsies are involved in, what is a reasonable % of the prizepool to take out!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

25 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

ditpoker wrote:
    im thinking of running a poker fundraiser for a club that a few boardsies are involved in, what is a reasonable % of the prizepool to take out!?!

50%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Ok, I've been in contact with one person already. It looks promising, I'll probably end up going with this guy, he seemed good. Ok on the phone I forgot some important questions, although I did get a lot of useful information.

What kind of buy-in are we looking at? Who decides you can buy-back-in? How many people per table? I'd have to have a number I know I have to get to people to play right?

Basically how do I calculate the running costs of the tournament so I don't fall short, obviously this a fundraiser and I don't want to end up not raising anything at all or even forking out of my own pocket, which would be completely counter productive! Who advertises it? Will I do the posters and get them put about or will the event organisers do this?

I've said from the start that I don't really know much about the tournaments and I'm just looking for some pointers.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

carfax wrote:
    50%

we should really sort something soon!

ditpoker wrote:
    we should really sort something soon!

I'll give Duke a shout tonight. We haven't been training in so long I suppose we've kind of forgotten about it there for a while.

Lets organise it for the Jackpot (if Dukey and Sarah give the go ahead) for next week some time?

Ok, I've been in contact with one person already. It looks promising, I'll probably end up going with this guy, he seemed good. Ok on the phone I forgot some important questions, although I did get a lot of useful information.

What kind of buy-in are we looking at? Who decides you can buy-back-in? How many people per table? I'd have to have a number I know I have to get to people to play right?

Basically how do I calculate the running costs of the tournament so I don't fall short, obviously this a fundraiser and I don't want to end up not raising anything at all or even forking out of my own pocket, which would be completely counter productive! Who advertises it? Will I do the posters and get them put about or will the event organisers do this?

I've said from the start that I don't really know much about the tournaments and I'm just looking for some pointers.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Hank,

I sent you a PM there. Let me know if you would like any advice or help etc.....

Stephen@pokerireland.ie

carfax wrote:
    I'll give Duke a shout tonight. We haven't been training in so long I suppose we've kind of forgotten about it there for a while.

Lets organise it for the Jackpot (if Dukey and Sarah give the go ahead) for next week some time?
    sounds like a plan. 20 rebuy, 10 rebuy?!?! what day will they give us? maybe the sat after a match?

ditpoker wrote:
    sounds like a plan. 20 rebuy, 10 rebuy?!?! what day will they give us? maybe the sat after a match?

Good call next Saturday sounds good, How about €40 buy-in one or two €20 re-buys allowed?......it will raise a really good prize-pool, limit everyone's max spend and make sure there is something decent enough to be worth playing for....With so many poker players on our team there won't be much of an issue with €80 imo.

Sorry for going off topic Hank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

check your pm hank, and our web site www.premierpoker.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Thanks guys, I have pm'd each of you accordingly.

Cheers,
    Hank

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

carfax wrote:
    ...With so many poker players on our team there won't be much of an issue with €80 imo.

Jeff is hardly a poker "player". I will accept poker "nit".

Thanks guys, I have pm'd each of you accordingly.

Cheers,
    Hank

Hi Hank,

I didn't get a PM mate.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Jeff is hardly a poker "player". I will accept poker "nit".

Will you accept his money?

Advertisement