Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Rugby Shirt

Options
  • 20-03-2007 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Irish rugby are going to launch a new shirt prior to the World Cup later this year. I was about to buy the current one but someone I know said they heard that Ireland were gonna change and I don't want to buy a shirt that will instantly be out of date. I'd wait and get the new one!

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I would doubt seeing as O2 just took over the sponsorship and if they were going to change they would of done when they took over. I could be very wrong though.

Personally I reckon they should bring out a whole new design so that the jersies dont look so similar to Englands Jerseys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I would have thought they would change the shirt..it's been in use for 2 seasons now hasn't it? Can anyone remember if countries brought out a new kit prior to the '03 world cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

the current jersye was premiered at the All Balcks game down there last summer.
    I remember cos I was reading they collected them from Cnaterbury and it was the 1st time they saw them at all.

Its only been thro 1 season so, the WC will be the end of that (long) season though.

I dont see them chanign it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Cheers guys for your advice.

Come what may, I went for the purchase anyway. I only hope I get to be wearing it whilst watching the team play to at least the semis in France in the summer. Here hoping!

Cheers

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

Jigsaw wrote:
    Does anyone know if Irish rugby are going to launch a new shirt prior to the World Cup later this year. I was about to buy the current one but someone I know said they heard that Ireland were gonna change and I don't want to buy a shirt that will instantly be out of date. I'd wait and get the new one!

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

The shirt for the rugby world cup that the players will be wearing will probably have a rugby world cup emblem on it like the last world cup. I don't know if replicas of these jerseys are sold to the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i'm pretty sure you'll be able to buy the world cup ones. I've seen enough of the previous ones floating around

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

There is a new WC shirt on the way, sponsorship isn't permitted so all the nations will have ones with the tournament logo on it. They're due out in July from what I know. I got mine from www.champions.co.nz last time around

The current O2 one should kick straight back in afterwards.

Here's the one from 03

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bsnipes

According to the IRSC there is going to be a brand new jersey for the world cup. Its going to be released in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

damienom wrote:
    There is a new WC shirt on the way, sponsorship isn't permitted so all the nations will have ones with the tournament logo on it. They're due out in July from what I know. I got mine from www.champions.co.nz last time around

The current O2 one should kick straight back in afterwards.

Here's the one from 03
    Was wondering about sponsorship. Hardly thought Brains were going to be happy being unable to sponsor their team in the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I remember reading at the time the current o2 was released that it is still technically the same jersey as the PTSB one, they just changed the sponsor. So they're still due an update of the overall design.

I just hope elvery's sell off the current one for cheap like they did with the PTSB one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Worrytahs

The new World Cup shirt will be launched in June/July

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I saw them on the irishrugby site for €75. cheaper than some places

Advertisement