Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you doing with your Equity SSIAs

Options
  • 20-03-2007 3:06pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭

For anyone whos equity ssia matures at the end of the month, what are you going to do with them? leave them where they are in the hope that markets will recover or cash them in??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

Traffic wrote:
    For anyone whos equity ssia matures at the end of the month, what are you going to do with them? leave them where they are in the hope that markets will recover or cash them in??

I was and am in a Geared Property fund so I have no issues. To answer your question it really depends what you are planning in doing with your lump sum, spending all, a bit or none at all. Are you prepared to lose further money etc. The actual amounts lost depend on funds invested in; eg I saw some figures yesterday showing how your SSIA would be worth 30k if in an Irish Equity Fund, €25ish in a property fund, €24 in a balanced managed, €21 in a fixed deposit or poor performing equity type fund. If you invested well you are probably way ahead of the posse anyhow. These figures assume the max from the start.

Advertisement