Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tandem parachute jump for charity

Options
  • 20-03-2007 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭

hello there,
    sorry if im posting this in the wrong forum, after a discussion at the weekend me and a pal decided we wanted to do a parachute jump, and while we were at it raise a few bob for charity.

has anyone done one of these before?? after a brief search on the web there seems to be two irish crowds offering them

http://www.skydive.ie/index.html

http://www.skydiveireland.ie/?gclid=...FQFGEAodGnvDlg

both offer tandem jumps for charity (im quite ok with being strapped to someone who knows what they're at forst time around!!) with the first seeming to offer more freedom in choosing your charities.....anybody got any advice or reasons for choosing one over the other???i think il go for the edenderry based one as its slighlty closer to me.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Her indoors did a jump at Edenderry, had a great time. I've been there a couple of times myself, haven't jumped though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Jfla

Edenderry has great atmosphere, great facilities and has a bigger club. They're a bit of a tandom factory though, there just so busy they just give a little bit of training, I don't mean in a dangerous way you don't need to know much. Also You could be waiting all day for a jump due to large numbers. The weather conditions for skydiving have to be near perfect. The IPC will tell you to come to the club even if the conditions aren't great, you might not end up getting a jumo that day due to the weather. Skydive ireland operate 10 mins from me, i'm not being biased here but you get a little more bang for your buck in my opinion. Before your jump you get alot of training and go through way more of the theory than you would get in IPC in Clonbulloge. Also skydive ireland operate on some weekdays aswell which might suit some people too. There better organised when it comes to weather, They'll phone you up if the weather is not looking so good. But no matter which club you choose you won't regret the jump. I won't try to describe what freefall is like. Nothing I can say would do it justice. Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Good man, gucci.

Come back and let us know how you get on, as I did a jump at IPC a few years ago, and if I thought I'd raise a few bob for charidee, I'd definitely make a spin up to Clonbullogue again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

I did 16 jumps at Edenderry back in the 80's. It is a cool place.
    I also did a Tamdem jump in Swansea Parachute Club (now closed) it was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

well i have to wait until i get a letter of clearence to collect for my chosen charity (i wont mention who until i get it) and should be flying/plummetting in about 6-8 weeks!! i will keep you posted :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement