Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabo - Interest Question

Options
  • 20-03-2007 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

I thought that you could see your interest grow in Rabo?

The last time interest was applied to my account was the end of December. Is this right?

I thought that you could see it grow on a daily basis - or is it every few months?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

When you go to view your account, there is an option below to view the interest you have earned, but not yet applied to your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Is that the "Interest accrued" or something?

Am finding it very confusing!!!

When do they actually apply it then? Every few months?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

"Interest accrued" is it alright. Its applied at the end of the year or upon closure of account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Ah right - i get you now.

I thought that it was updated periodically - not on a yearly (or closure of account). Hence I was wondering why I only got it at the end of the year.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

dellas1979 wrote:
    I thought that it was updated periodically - not on a yearly (or closure of account).

Yeah, don't be worried that you are getting "done" because it is calculated daily and it is only applied annually.

L.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

On a side point, you know the original documents request when opening an account, do they return them?

Also, do you have to use money transfer or do they have to know anything about my current account?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

AFAIK yes they will return the documents, and I'm not sure what you mean about knowing anything about your current account? They only thing they'll know is the sort code and account number when you pay in/out of your Rabo savings account.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Can you do all this via cheque and they have no knowledge of a/c details in say BOI or is it better to use this money mover thingy?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think you can do it via cheque, but they can't do anything with your bank details anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

TheDriver wrote:
    Can you do all this via cheque and they have no knowledge of a/c details in say BOI or is it better to use this money mover thingy?

If you pay by cheque from that same account they would know your bank account details ! If you gave a bank draft or used someone else cheque book there would be money laundering issues to be resolved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement