Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test routes?

Options
  • 19-03-2007 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

have my test in 2 or 3 weeks, in Tallaght, and just wondering if any of ye have done it in Tallaght, and what are the routes? AFAIK there's 2 possible ones.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

DaveMcG wrote:
    AFAIK there's 2 possible ones.

The testers generally have a few "preferred routes" but they're not constrained to follow them. I certainly don't think that a busy centre like Tallaght would have everyone going out on one of two routes.

If you want to see the preferred routes, you can buy maps off www.irishmotoring.ie . Note that they call them "sample maps" to cover their asses if the tester decides to bring you a different route.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

As stark said they have preffered routes but nothing is set in stone. I did mine in Rathgar (Orwell) and my instructor said "When you get to the gate he'll tell you to turn left, they always do cos It's better than getting you to cross a lane of traffic and turn right" Start the test, out to the gate and he says take a right turn! lol. Threw me totally. I passed it anyway though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Irish Salfordia

DaveMcG wrote:
    Hey folks,

have my test in 2 or 3 weeks, in Tallaght, and just wondering if any of ye have done it in Tallaght, and what are the routes? AFAIK there's 2 possible ones.

Cheers

In Tallaght you will usually go to either the Belgarde Heights estate or the Tymon North estate to do your manoeuvres. But there are many deviations of how they get to these estates.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I've actually had the test since then and passed :D I went down to Tymon North.

Cheers anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Woods

Just be aware any one doing test in Tallaght, did mine a few weeks ago, practised on two routes mentioned till I knew every stone on the road :) ........... day of test, got brought onto belgard road, took a right, down by luas tracks and left into Kingswood to do manouvers etc :eek: .....back onto belgard road and then up alongside belgard complex and back onto usual belgard route

Best of luck to all future candidates...........:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

Another tricky spot to look out for in Tallaght - tester will take you out of the test centre and left onto the Belgard road, left at the junction past Jacobs and into one of the industrial estates on the left. On exiting the industrial estate they will tell you to turn left and then first right (taking you in past Power City). The junction is with the Greenhills road and very busy and the right turn is almost but not quite opposite the left one with a lot of through traffic.

Trick is to come out of the left turn in first gear, don't change gears and pull over to the middle of the road and indicate right straight away.

I missed the right turn in my last test and got completely flummoxed (and got a red mark for it) but passed with flying colours on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Trick is to come out of the left turn in first gear, don't change gears and pull over to the middle of the road and indicate right straight away.

Ah Tony taught you well.

Fairplay on passing. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

he did indeed Roddy and thanks for recommending him :)

Advertisement