Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help!!!!

Options
  • 19-03-2007 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, i've applied to ucc as a mature student and have a entrance exam in 2 wks time, have absolutely no idea what they want or expect, startin to panic, anyone here gone through this??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

Tried asking the admissions office?

I'm sure the mature student society could also get you closer to an answer:
    http://maturestudents.ucc.ie/index.htm

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lizzylinda

thanks for that, will email UCC, hopefully they can give me something, & thanks for the url

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

hey

i did an engineering degree in 2 yrs as a mature student, had no entrance exams. i already had some qualifications and stuff tho.

what are you applying to study? cant imagine the exam would be much, most likely would involve some maths i presume.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Best of luck lizzylinda, hope you pass with flying colors.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mouldymould

i've also an entrance exam this week. only started thinking about what to write now.
    let us know if you find any information lizzylinda.

• Advertisement

i was in the library on sat and was talkin to my sisters about the entrance exam and the girl next to me asked me what course i was applying for, it turnes out she's just finishing the first yr of the same course, what were the chances!!! she said that the entrance exam was easy enough, basically they just want to know that you are capable of reading & writing, of course there's probably a little more to it than that but ive definately relaxed about it all now, ill get some land if i dont get in. what course have u applied for?

i've applied for arts and also music so i'll be doing two entrance exams.
    i have friends that are doing both courses as mature students so i've been getting some advice from them.

what have you applied for?

ive applied for social work course, there was over 300 applicants last year and only 25 places so the odds arent great, but i have diploma so really hoping that that will help persuade them that I can read/write and spell. Do you have to perform for them as part of your entrance exam?

yeah i have to perform about two pieces. i have no idea what to play yet though of course.

• Advertisement

did you have your entrance exam this weekend? mine was yesterday.

did mine on saturday, didnt go that well, fingers crossed tho, how about yours? was yours in Boole 4 in UCC?

yeah mine was in boole 4 on saturday. i dunno how well it went though, hoping for the best.

hey... any word yet from UCC?????

no, nothing yet. i dunno if we find out the results of the exam but the cao offers aren't out until july.

do you have to do an interview? Thats what Im waiting to hear about, they said we should hear about it 2 weeks after sitting the exam

no there's no interview i think and i don't know if they let us know the results of the exam or not but it's all down to the cao placing in the end.
    i have to do an interview in two weeks though for the other course and i think they do let me know the results of that.
    let me know if you hear anything.

no word yet from ucc about an interview, i emailed them & they said ill be called at the end of may if i got thru....so hopefully!!! how did ur interview go?

yeah my interview was ok i thought. no major disaster. i think they let me know the results of that at the end of may then i have to wait until august for the cao offers.

hey, i got a letter from ucc about a week ago letting me know that i passed my entrance exam for the music department. i still haven't heard anything about the other exam i did.
    have you heard anything?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 HMC

Hi,
    Admissions Office in UCC has the list since yesterday and they will tell you over the phone whether you will be offered a place (have your CAO number to hand when you call).
    I was thrilled to learn that I'm going to get a place to do languages. Now I need to do some serious number-crunching to see how the finances are going to work out!
    HMC

I got offered a place yesterday from round zero.

Advertisement