Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am i entitled to retrospective PRSA payments?

Options
  • 19-03-2007 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if i am entitled to PRSA contributions retrospectively? my employer has only recently made me aware that I am entitled to a PRSA, yet i have been working for the company for the past 3 years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

You could be getting mixed up here. Your employer has an obligation to register his company with an employer's registration form from any PRSa provider. He also has to allow you access to info on same etc. The thing is, the employer doesn't have to make any contributions to the Employer registered Scheme. If it was in the terms of your contract that employer was going to make employer contributions to a pension scheme or PRSA, you would be able to backdate retrospectively. If you were going back 3 years, it would be by way of a single once off premium totalling the amount of premiums due eg monthly premium x 36 and then start regular premium going forward. If no employer contribution, you just start one yourself. I would make my own arrangements rather than go with the employers choice.

Advertisement