Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOD Interview

Options
  • 19-03-2007 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

Spotted this posted on the Planet Rugby forum.

It's Brian O'Driscoll being interviewed by a guy he first met while on tour in Aus. It's a few years old but an interesting insight all the same.

Part 1 (BOD doesn't make an appearance untill about half way)
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Another interview

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Yeah great stuff, enjoyed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Did anyone see the team coming home on RTE news last night? BOD and D'Arcy wouldn't talk but Stringer and Flannery were so open about the whole thing. Shows how decent the Munster are guys and how fond of themselves some of the Leinster guys are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

athtrasna wrote:
    Did anyone see the team coming home on RTE news last night? BOD and D'Arcy wouldn't talk but Stringer and Flannery were so open about the whole thing. Shows how decent the Munster are guys and how fond of themselves some of the Leinster guys are!
    Here we go ... it begins again!!!!! :(
    Yes athtrasna, Leinster won't allow anyone to play for them unless they're an absolute a**hole, just to p!ss the Munster fans off :rolleyes:

http://www.rte.ie/news/6news/ check out yesterdays report. Whatever about BOD on his way to the hospital, D'Arcy was just ignorant.

Don't get me wrong, I've become a Leinster supporter in recent years (unless they're playing Munster) as I can't make it down south every time a match is on so it had to be a Leinster season ticket...but I can't help but feel the difference in attitudes in the key players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

why does every thread turn into a leinster bashing thread these days?

BOD was coming off the plane not only after losing a championship after coming so close but also facing the prospect of long term injury. So maybe it can be seen why he may not have wanted to be interviewed. Especially considering they have just spent the whole six nations being interviewed and followed by the media. Oh and that darcy.. what an a**hole.. how dare he be in a bad mood after putting in a man of the match performance and then losing the championship because of an 80th minute try in another game.. the cheek:rolleyes:

They are all only human and deal with things differently. Get over it.

Back on topic... Good interview

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Great Interview!! Pity thread spoiled by another giant chip on the shoulder Munster fan!!

I don't have a chip on my shoulder, and as mentioned I'm a Leinster supporter, I was just disappointed at the attitudes.

On the BOD interview - yes it's a good one but very obvious it's not a recent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

I noticed this too, and from what I know of darcy from people who know him he is ( lately since he became a world name ) a little shall we say less down to earth than Others. I met the guy at a party during last world cup and he was a cool guy just off the plane from a leinster match and he was so gutted about not being selected he was not watching the WC he said and I did not talk rugby with him out of respect. This insight just shows how he is and not an arse IMO just a passionate guy who wants to hurt in his own way.

That said he is known to the press as one of the players who particulalry does not enjoy interviews and this is not a surprise when a mic is stuck into his face at the airport ( after giving autographs !! ) and he does not want to comment.
    He probably has a scheduled press appointment in the next day or 2 anyway! ( unlike many of the others )!!

Note also that of the whole group of players only 2 seemed to give an interview and as most of the players were Munster players can we use this same BS rationale to say that the Munster players are up their arse as only 2 gave interviews of a much bigger group!!!?????

Time to let you into a secret, I was one of the 30 or so people intentionally at the airport yesterday - I saw what was going on.

The lads came out in drips and drabs, BOD first (he didn't get on the team bus) and then the others in ones and twos, and not out the same door. One guy, one camera, one mic...he couldn't stop all 22. 4 players made the news, the reporter spoke to a lot more but in a short news piece you can't put everyone on tv.

D'Arcy came out last, well after the others, including EOS, and while he was shown signing autographs, I saw him refuse to sign one for a 6 year old girl which I thought was horrible.

On the plus side I thought the kid who said he came out to the airport "because he didn't want them to feel too sad" showed how thoughtful some people can be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

athtrasna wrote:
    D'Arcy came out last, well after the others, including EOS, and while he was shown signing autographs, I saw him refuse to sign one for a 6 year old girl which I thought was horrible.

Well why didn't he sign it. You seem to know so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Its because he is the spawn of the devil...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Yeah, there's nothing makes Darce happier than ruining little 6 year old girls days :rolleyes: .

Frankly man you are full of sh!te! Oh and if you are a Leinster STH then don't bother renewing it, how could you "support" a team of players you have so much contempt for............

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

athtrasna stfu.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement