Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony vaio setting

Options
  • 17-03-2007 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

hi.
    i purchased a sony vaio N seris at Christmas on sale at pc world and it has worked great . but i have a big problem with it. i am using a wireless router in my home . the laptop works great when connected to mains electric. when on battery power it is very slow. i have tried to adjust the power settings to try and speed it up. it browsing the Internet that is the real problem. it takes ages to load simple pages. 40 sec+. its lighting fast on the mains. this is doing my nut please help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

bump!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you set it to always on in your power management and make sure that in the network card properties that transmit power is set to 100% and it's still doing this I'd call the support line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

thanks. i went to device manager and set the LAN to always on. it worked.

Advertisement