Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate: Continuum [Discussion]

Options
  • 17-03-2007 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/03/anderson_confirmed_for_icontinuu.shtml

Things are looking up for the future of this film.

Out of the two i am most looking forward to this one, as it'll be the pretence for all sg1 movies that follow...

Adding O'Neill is a step in the right direction, and i'm thrilled RDA has joined the cast, hopefully in a decent role!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

robnubis wrote:
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/03/anderson_confirmed_for_icontinuu.shtml

Things are looking up for the future of this film.

Out of the two i am most looking forward to this one, as it'll be the pretence for all sg1 movies that follow...

Adding O'Neill is a step in the right direction, and i'm thrilled RDA has joined the cast, hopefully in a decent role!!

Well................ I'd say he'll be cast in the role of O'Neil

Nah, nah, just messin with ya. I hope he has a decent part in it too. Would be cool if Hammond cameoed as well. Can't stand Landry. Gives my arse a toothache

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

RDA should go back in time and have to fight.......CHUCK NORRIS.

god, that would be the best battle ever...

I'd have more faith for this movie, but I completely lost interest in Baal when all the clone-esque bull**** started happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Not looking forward to this.
    The plot sounds like 'There but For The Grace of God', and they already re-used that plot in season 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Does anyone else think this is gonna be a lead up to StarGate Universe and that the ninth chevron thing will be discovered by baal who'll use it to alter the timeline!?!?!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

cotwold wrote:
    Does anyone else think this is gonna be a lead up to StarGate Universe and that the ninth chevron thing will be discovered by baal who'll use it to alter the timeline!?!?!
    Moi! I assume the 2nd movie will be also setup for the 3rd series. The 9th chevron being "time" makes for a different show. Sure, the producers have said it will be in today's universe of SG1/SGA that we recognisem but that would still work - after all they'd be based "today".

It would also fit in with the future of "1969", where we've more control over timeflow.

This leads me in turn to why we got "Stargate Universe" - they know the premise is time, but fitting it into the title now would spoil the "surprise" when they announce it.

• Advertisement

As neat as that sounds I still think they will drop the 'Ba'al' on it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

About Stargate: Continuum
    While SG-1 attends the execution of Ba’al, the last of the goa’uld system lords, Teal’c and Vala inexplicably disappear into thin air. Carter, Daniel and Mitchell race back to a world where history has been changed: the Stargate program has been erased from the timeline. As they try to convince the authorities of what’s happened, a fleet of goa’uld motherships arrives in orbit, led by Ba’al, his queen, Katesh (Vala) and his first prime, Teal’c. SG-1 must find the Stargate and set things right before the world is enslaved by the goa’uld.

I READ IT BY MISTAKE, but it does sound like a interesting idea however since i loe a good temperal paradox i cant help but wonder about the fate of the pegasus galaxy with the wraith still asleap and no expedation.

Anyway what do you all think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Seems like it could be fun, i just hope it is, because once they wrap up the Ori storyline in Ark, the rest of the films need to have really good storylines if they plan on continuing on and making 2 per year (as the rumours go)

2 a year is true but to be honest this is one of those things that will only happen with the internet behind it.
    The fans of firefly made serenity possible, just ike the fans of the recently cancelled jericho made it magically appear and for the studio to beg the internet to stop sending them nuts...

The internet is very powerful and i believe a combined anti download policy on these movies will mean there will be more.

There is nothing wrong with downloading a episode of something from the us because you cant watch it here, its that simple.

With these dvd's the more downloaders/seeders you see the less chance of more movies so i intend not to download them and id advice anyone here who watches the new episodes from there cousins, dont do it with the DVD.

Buy it, or there will be no more stargate

hate to say it, but the anonymous idiot is right - DVD sales is the only reason we got a 4th 5th and 6th season of Family Guy for instance.

Havent heard of this Stargate: Universe series but now that it rings in my ear I begin to garner curiosity over this movie Continuum..... when is it done filming? Soon I gather.

• Advertisement

We wont see it on our shelves for a long time.

We will get one movie later this year aroud the same time as the BSG movie i think so just before NOV, then in mid 08 we get this movie continuum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

User45701 wrote:
    The fans of firefly made serenity possible

In all fairness, Stargate has had more seasons then Firefly has had episodes. The new films will probably just **** on RDA's legacy

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The plot sounds pretty much like a cheapo straight to DVD movie.

Funny that.

Thats not such a fall from grace really - tons of movies are going straight to DVD these days - the US Market is begining to turn away from movie theatres for home entertainment via Netflix and Blockbuster Online.
    Even movies that make it into the cinema are usually seen on DVD six weeks later - a big turn around from 10-15 years ago when Toy Story came out: that was in theatres for 2 years before they released it on VHS.

Besides dont you feel a little geeky going into a movie theatre by yourself to watch Stargate?

Overheal wrote:
    Besides dont you feel a little geeky going into a movie theatre by yourself to watch Stargate?

NEVER!!!!

Anyway, I think that the dvd's will be great because they have ages to work on them and it will only be good material...like a good season with all the filler filtered out.
    I imagine AOT will be full of awesome action scenes and be a great individual story.
    As for Continuum, sire we have seen that plot before but I think they have enough time to make something good out of it.
    Inevitably though I see the dvd plan failing because of a combination of downloads and ever falling sales.

I dont care much about music stuff so ive never been effected by downloading, and before i understood how the ratings system worked any time i would download a US show i would turn on my TV whenever sky or RTE evuentely brought them out so i thought my ratings where counted.
    anyway i do fear that because of people who dont care about SG1 or BSG ive been worrying that far too many will download the direct to DVD movies, what if because fans download the show they dont make more because not enough money?

Why would anyone not buy a dvd of a show they like if it makes more episodes of said show,
    I mean when its out on US TV then yes download because they are moronic ****ers who in this day and age of the web they dont have worldwide premires of new TV shows so yes they get downloaded and noone will miss a irish person on the Nielson rating scale so it makes **** all difference, but with direct to DVD movies you should buy them not download them because you only download because they wont give you the show you like sooner right?

Well its a worldwide DVD release so go buy the thing

**** the Nielson Ratings anyway.

Besides, you're going to buy the DVD.

OR

You're going to buy the HDDVD OR the BluRay.

Stargate in High def - you won't find that on the internet for a while (because who wants to download a 10+gb movie file? NOBODY! And who is going to upload it? That'll be a bitch...)
    And of course you need an excuse to make your PS3 sound like "an investment"

Advertisement