Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed pls: laptop issues

Options
  • 17-03-2007 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

hi, i have a couple of questions, first is what do you think my laptop is worth, and can I upgrade the processor? it's a celeron M, extremely slow, and I'm kind of fed up with it.
    The spec is: ToshibaSatellite Pro L20 Cel M-360 -
    1.4ghz 256mb 40gb 15" XGA -
    ATi DVD-SM (DL)wireless 11g

Bought it when I was in college year and a half ago. The other thing is that every time I download free trials of programs such as photoshop it ends up coming up as file corrupt, and then won't open. My norton antivirus subscription has expired a couple of months ago: could that be the reason maybe?

So, basically what I'm asking is firstly can I get a better processor installed in this laptop, or speed it up another way, or if I have to get another laptop, would I have any hope of trading this one in or selling it to someone else? I hope the corrupt files thing isn't serious? Or should I just buy a new laptop altogether? I'd like to learn graphics and design so that's important also.

Would appreciate yer help guys. Hope I'm not asking too much. Thanks a mil.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It would be easier and much cheaper to install more RAM. You need an up-to-date anti-virus program like AVG, Anti-vir or avast!, they all have free versions available.

Advertisement