Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

great day of rugby

Options
  • 17-03-2007 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭

i have to say, i had a fantastic day watching the rugby. it is very rare where you watch 2 or 3 games on the same day and they keep you rivetted to your seat.i'm french and really enjoyed ireland's game because they came out and were hungry for every ball, scored lots of tries and played well. Italy, the same, after playing their best ever six nations, they never gave up, and wanted to prove to themselves mainly, that they could score against anyone. Ireland ended up putting a very decent bar up for france to win the tournament. As a frenchman, i have to say, after last week's performance against the english, i couldn't have cared less if they won the tourney, all i wanted was the grand slam, anything less was unacceptable in this world cup year. so when the game started, all i cared about was france winning the match, not the tournament, but then momentum built up in the match and i was jumping up and down looking for those extra points. what an exciting game and what a great result.
    Then came wales england- one trying to avoid the wooden spoon, the other trying to build on a solid victory, and more importantly to place a few more blocks in to what looks like a seriously good group of young players. the old rivals churned out an awesome match, and wales did not want to lose that game at any cost, so pride turned out to be an awesome motivator, hook an awesome number 10, and the six nations, once again a great tournament.

bring on the world cup!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Yes, they were good matches today. Cruel finish on us by France against Scotland, for the second time, but we did have a few dodgy tries awarded against Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

[...] As a frenchman, i have to say, after last week's performance against the english, i couldn't have cared less if they won the tourney, all i wanted was the grand slam, anything less was unacceptable in this world cup year. so when the game started, all i cared about was france winning the match, not the tournament [...]
    Felt exactly the same! But we won it so I guess I'm happy enough... We let ourselves down in Twickenham. Should have let Mignoni play... Class player!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Yup. No 'losers' today, really — great rugby.

Ireland lost the championship to France back on 11th February. Then won it back today in Rome. And then France won it back again in Paris...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

peckerhead wrote:
    Yup. No 'losers' today, really — great rugby.

Ireland lost the championship to France back on 11th February. Then won it back today in Rome. And then France won it back again in Paris...
    Nice way of looking at it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Felt exactly the same! But we won it so I guess I'm happy enough... We let ourselves down in Twickenham. Should have let Mignoni play... Class player!

he definitely has the edge over yachvilli at the moment. i also thought ibanez had an incredible game, and worked harder than anyone, and jauzion the same. he kept asking questions, looking for the ball, and as always found some great lines to run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

great day for euopean rugby!!

i watched the first two games but was mytyified by them!! they were really great and i was on the edge of my seat all the time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Nice way of looking at it! ;)
    Merci!

It was nice at the end to see the emotion in Ibanez's face.
    Why, he was crying just like a... Munster prop forward? :D

Advertisement