Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now that that's all over...

Options
  • 17-03-2007 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭

Leinster look to be missing BOD for the HEC - what do you reckon our odds are at Wasps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

not so good.

altho lewis is a very capable deputy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Any word on how it might be out for ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

It's a hamstring - anything from 2 to six weeks although I'm going to go with the latter as he pulled up pretty sharpish.
    I still think our chances are good, but we'll need to rely on pomi and D'Arcy a hell of a lot. If you look at Ireland's performance yesterday, when BOD was on the pitch we went 7 tries to 0, when he came off we went 1 try to 2. It's not to say he didn't make the difference ... oh ok, he did make thee difference :D
    I think we'll edge it. Just. With a side of bias, on my part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Why is BOD so bloody injury prone? Did he even finish a game in the 6N's? He limped off against Wales, England, Italy, and missed the France game. He might have lasted the 80 minutes against Scotland, can't remember now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Because he puts his body on the line? Its the same injury?

Sangre wrote:
    Because he puts his body on the line?

No more so than most players on the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

He's always had a dodgy hamstring, it's hardly something to criticise him over.

Hippo wrote:
    He's always had a dodgy hamstring, it's hardly something to criticise him over.

I'm not criticising him. He's world class. We're lucky to have him, just very frustrating that he's so injury prone and can never last a full game. Not great having one of the world's best players if he never finishes a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

I think Leinster are beter equipped to play with out BOD than Irl.

Of course will be a big loss and Phil is more than capable of making up and as long as Horgan is not brought to centre I thik Lewis in is not half as bad as it could be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

I think Leinster are beter equipped to play with out BOD than Irl.

Of course will be a big loss and Phil is more than capable of making up and as long as Horgan is not brought to centre I thik Lewis in is not half as bad as it could be.

Agree 100%. All is not lost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    How long is MOD out for?

Agred that BOD gets injured a lot, but I too think it's because he puts so much in - I'll take that. He is an incredible asset to any team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

I know very few 13s that put in as much defensive work as Drico, that combined with the fact that he's not a physically huge guy will obviously take its toll. Also it seems to be same 1/2 injuries that keep recurring as he's not given enough rehab time to fully heal.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Rushing a player back from hamstring injuries is asking for trouble.

It is a known fact that BOD DOES put his body on the line MORE than other 13s and I would say that most of his fellow players would say the same that he puts in more work training ground and pitch than many others in the squad...this also is well known.

This is why the critics/punters and fans etc think he is the best in world:

Many commnentators regularly comment about his work load and effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

It is a well known fact that BOD tackles and puts in hits far above what his body size should allow.

There was a great moment in the Ire v Wales game where Horsman ran into a stationary BOD and fell backwards...wtf?

Sangre wrote:
    It is a well known fact that BOD tackles and puts in hits far above what his body size should allow.

There was a great moment in the Ire v Wales game where Horsman ran into a stationary BOD and fell backwards...wtf?

or more famously when he took the gamble and rushed up on an oncoming POC and toasted him !!!:D

The same, WTF how many 13s toast an oncoming POC !!

How many any players toast an oncoming POC!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Back to the topic at hand, i'd say the bookies will give leinster a 4 or 5 point start.

Advertisement