Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] The evil that men do.

Options
  • 17-03-2007 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

To be honest I never set out to do this. All I had planned was a bit of relaxing mining after getting my Crane blown up due to stupidity on my part.

So I am at home roid fields minding my own business when three ORE ships turn up. They are on the other side of the field. Thinking it wouldn't be much of a hassle as they are at the other side of the field I keep going.

5 mins in I realise one of the idiots is mining the same roids as me even though he is over the other side. I change roids and he changes as well.

So I am a bit peeved about this and the three are hugging a can so feck it lets see if I can get some fighting going on. I dock the retriever and come back in a badger and steal some ore.

I do it a second time. Now normally at this point a raven or interceptor drops in and wastes me (one load pays for the badger) but they are doing nothing. So feck I keep looting waiting for a response. It never comes.

I can only assume they are AFK or something, or don't notice me taking the stuff. Eventually after 40 mins of continual looting I realised they may be macro'ers and reported them.

I go to another roid field this time and ffs another one. Not sure if it is a macro'er so I loot as well waiting for a response. No response and doesn't appear to be mining so might be AFK. So empty that too.

After refining comes to around 6 million trit. Although I would much prefer the less raping of the roid fields.

now I found another group who are using giant secure containers in 0.0 space. 2 of them appeared to be anchored? The rest aren't. first one netted me 36k veld.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

theres a god awful number of macros around its hard to make money from mining now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Well I am doing it to deter them macro'ing. If they can't make a profit in my home system then they will move elsewhere.

From what I can see I suspect it is the same person on at least 3 ships. He is controlling the mule as its the only thing that has done anything agressive so far (tried to hold me in position by bumping me)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

tbh unless you have a 24 hour presence in the system disrupting them they will stay there :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

You should call in da bhoys to blow them up! I'm sure Geeze will be up for it, he promised me pirating fun this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Cant blow them up iv been trying to get 3 barges and 1 hauler to attack me or take ore from my can but they wont even when i switch cans :*( they seem to have gotten smarter .......how much of a sec hit do you take for smartbombing barges in high sec i wonder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

R0ot wrote:
    tbh unless you have a 24 hour presence in the system disrupting them they will stay there :mad:

A 24 hour presence?

OMG BOB HAXSPOLTERZZZZZ!1!!!!1NINE!1!1!11ROGERMOOREWASA****BOND!1!!!1!!1!!!!

But yeah down with marco miners, they take my kernite :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

You should call in da bhoys to blow them up! I'm sure Geeze will be up for it, he promised me pirating fun this weekend

yes i like to splode things DURRRrrrr

Son of a bitch Ren... the weekend is but up and I haven't gone pirating! That's it... I call for a mid week pirating fun day! Pirafunday we'll call it! Hurrah!

Hang on, one sec we're talking about Hobbes' problems and then all a sudden Dark Bizmark jumps onto the bandwagon with big dreams of plastic machines, hold up (everybody say what what), what's goin on here... is Dark merely an alt of Hobbes' alt?!? I'm like, totally radically confused (awesomeo).

Where is this... I don't mind taking the sec hit in order to mess these punks up. Though in reality they probably have bees bigger then my ship.... but I'm willing to sacrifice for the greater good, plus I hear Macros give great forgiveness please sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you want to take killing macroers professionally there is a loose coalition of pilots that hang out in "Macro Intel" channel.

If I was a macroer I'd go into that channel and find out where they're flying and go fcuk them up! Wuhahahaha.

What is a macroer? Is it just someone with a few accounts that just does alot of mining?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

someone with x amount of accounts, usually manning one while the others are controlled via a macro program to simulate mouse clicks and keypresses at set intervals. use of which is illegal in game and will get you banned.

Oh they do it with a program? That's very impressive. I knew a guy who used to play 6 accounts on Everquest at the exact same time. Bit random really.

Macroers aren't cool. How does one spot a macroer?

Advertisement