Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how fast can i get euros - sterling?

Options
  • 17-03-2007 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hi lads
    happy st patricks day
    in a bit of a situation
    i recently got a loan - 8000euro
    going over to england on wednesday to buy a car,
    need the money changed to sterling, but i havint told my bank yet,will i be able to get the money by tuesday evening if i tell them in the morning or is it cutting it tight?
    thanks
    ed

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

it migh be cutting it tight, but if you're near a large branch they might have more in stock and may be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mjbo

Yeh would definitely get on the phone first thing Tuesday morning to put in an order and certainly one of the larger bank branches is your best bet. I located in a 'tourist' area more likely to get the Sterling available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Would a sterling draft suffice? I dont think you will have 8k in Sterling by Wed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

stepbar wrote:
    Would a sterling draft suffice? I dont think you will have 8k in Sterling by Wed.

Sterilng draft is definitely the way to go. I wouldn't like to be carrying 8k around, or handing 8k in cash to some bloke in a carpark to buy a car! I certainly wouldn't deal with someone who wouldn't accept a Sterling draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

BendiBus wrote:
    Sterilng draft is definitely the way to go. I wouldn't like to be carrying 8k around, or handing 8k in cash to some bloke in a carpark to buy a car! I certainly wouldn't deal with someone who wouldn't accept a Sterling draft.

yes, but, recently there have been scams wereby a purchaser presents a seller with a draft and drives away, the seller then lodges the draft and learns it is a forgery, and ends up with no car and no money

• Advertisement
Advertisement