Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett.Ie Questions

Options
  • 16-03-2007 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Ive decided to go with the Sony 32v2500 LCD screen and i was looking at prices in two places: The Sony Centre and Komplett.ie

In sony it costs 1800e and at Komplett its 1350.

Now i know sony centres are generally expensive but can anyone explain to me how there is a difference of over 400e.

Also if im ordering from komplett could someone advise me on which delivery service to use. I dont really trust An Post and the DHL is quite expensive so is GLS Ireland any good

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭kirving

I've used GLS and they were fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

i used an post for 32" samsung. got it within 4 days no probs at all.
    all do the same job just the others are more expensive:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ambman wrote:
    i used an post for 32" samsung. got it within 4 days no probs at all.
    all do the same job just the others are more expensive:)

32" Phillips, an post, no bother.

only thing is, the tv came with a 2pin (euro style) and 3 pin plug lead, but only an imput for the 2pin, ive had to jimmy it into a plug board, not ideal, and very odd seeing as its an irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

cheers for that, sounds good to me i just still cant figure out how there is such a difference in price.

has anyone had to return a tv for dead pixels or anything like dat, any trouble in doing so with komplett.

what do u mean by d plugs. u got a 2 pin, with an extra 3 pin plug is it but there was no option on the tv to put the 3 pin plug in is it.

doyler442 wrote:
    cheers for that, sounds good to me i just still cant figure out how there is such a difference in price.

has anyone had to return a tv for dead pixels or anything like dat, any trouble in doing so with komplett.

what do u mean by d plugs. u got a 2 pin, with an extra 3 pin plug is it but there was no option on the tv to put the 3 pin plug in is it.

yea, there was a lead with a 2 pin and a lead with a 3pin, but only room to insert the 2pin in, strange stuff.

all it requires is a euro ---> Ire plug, I only have ones goin the other way,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

The price difference is simple , Sony shops are easily the most expensive retailers in the country bar none , online stores dont have the overheads of paying for a nice showroom , so the savings are passed on , but that still doesnt excuse the sony shops outrageous prices ,Peats , DID , Dixons , Currys et al all have Sony models considerably cheaper than Sony shops , and its not just TV's , its everything , from memory sticks to cameras to Hi-fi to TV's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

just cut the 2 pin plug off and put a 3 pin on it theres no difference

eamon234 wrote:
    just cut the 2 pin plug off and put a 3 pin on it theres no difference

I'm the least handy person in the world, I'd find a way to kill myself, I'll probably just buy a proper plug adaptor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Remember Sony Centres are franchises and not run by Sony.
    GLS in my mind suck, always late. Found on many cases that AnPost where quicker and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭JDxtra

doyler442 wrote:

I have the same TV - excellent piece of kit. It has 2 dead pixels but I'm not bothered. I can only see them when I'm about about 20cm from the screen! And even then, they are only visible if the image is static (i.e. not when watching normal TV, a DVD etc...).

So, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

ah 2 dead pixels that is why I wouldn't touch LCD flawed technology and its a lottery if you can get one without any dead pixels. @ The Rigger don't cut the 2 pin plug off it as it will invalidate the warrenty just use an adaptor

Snake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭JDxtra

2 dead pixels on an LCD tv is not a problem! Different story on a dedicated PC monitor though as it would be much more obvious.

If you can see these dead pixels on my LCD while watching TV / DVD you can have my TV! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

ah 2 dead pixels that is why I wouldn't touch LCD flawed technology and its a lottery if you can get one without any dead pixels. @ The Rigger don't cut the 2 pin plug off it as it will invalidate the warrenty just use an adaptor

Snake ;)
    I admit to foolishly trying to prise this adapter open thinking that was how you were meant to prepare it for inserting a two-pinned plug :o.

All works fine now, even if it does take up a little more space. This adapter costs around €4/€5 to buy on its own from Komplett, IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well dead pixels mean faulty panel to me and for the amount of money we have to pay for these sets people should pushback and refuse to accept them, Ok I have a cheapo Bush set for the kids and that has two stuck pixels. But for high value sets where your asked to pay 1000 plus its unacceptable

Snake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I recently ordered a 26" Samsung from Komplett and as part of the order, Komplett automatically added a new power lead to the order.

Advertisement