Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I did my Junior Cert many moons ago...

Options
  • 16-03-2007 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Does someone whose taking higher level maths complete first the Text & Tests pass book and then both higher books or do they go straight at the higher books?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

For Junior Cert? There's only one higher level book as far as I remember, and it is blue. And you do the first book first as well, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

our whole class were together to first year,done book 1
    second yr, spilt up,with other classes,into pass/honours...........
    both still done book 1, but at diff pace
    we,3rd yr[honours], from the start of the yr, began book 2, despite not being close to finishing book 1........smeh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Cool, I'm taking honours LC maths for 2007/2008 to get the degree I'm after so I should probably start brushing up on the JC stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah we all started with the orange book which was texts and tests 1 when I was in first year, then in second year the honours maths classes moved onto the second book which was blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

everybody does the red one which is a pass standard and the honours students move onto the blue one near the end of 2nd year/start of 3rd year

• Advertisement

Thanks for the input folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

You have to do the orange one as the blue one only covers extra honours bit but orange one covers core material which both levels must know.

Did you recommend for honours the OP revises book 1, 2 and 3 (red, blue and green respectively) or just 2 and 3? Please clarify as I'm in a similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

T&T 1 (orange) and 2 (blue) are for JC. 1 is for both pass and honours, 2 is for honours only.

T&T 3 (slightly different shade of orange) is for pass LC.

T&T 4 (green) is for HL LC, T&T 5 (blue) is also for HL LC.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement