Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming Titles

Options
  • 16-03-2007 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

It's is known that the West Cork McCarthy's are ment to be Direct desendants of the High Kings of Munster or whatever they were.

Now,On my Mothers side of the Family we are that branch of the McCarthys that are ment to be the Direct desendants of them.

Now what I am asking is,Can we claim our titles again,Such as Rì or what ever Prince is In Gaeilge.I did read up on it on the Wiki and it said some commision was set up but it was a bit fuzzy in facts..Any one have any Idea?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭csk

Have you got the link, never heard of such a thing. Of course if such a commision existed any such titles would be purely ornamental.

It goes against the constitution anyway for titles of nobility to be conferred. We are all citizens of Ireland and all equal before the law!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Sorry to inform you guys, but I'm reclaiming my throne as the High King of Ireland, and from now on you will all be my subjects! :D Enough of this day job lark for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

Seloth wrote:
    It's is known that the West Cork McCarthy's are ment to be Direct desendants of the High Kings of Munster or whatever they were.

Now,On my Mothers side of the Family we are that branch of the McCarthys that are ment to be the Direct desendants of them.

Now what I am asking is,Can we claim our titles again,Such as Rì or what ever Prince is In Gaeilge.I did read up on it on the Wiki and it said some commision was set up but it was a bit fuzzy in facts..Any one have any Idea?

You've been beaten to it. This probably means a war or at least an assassination of the usurper to your throne.

The King of Munster was traditionally proclaimed on the Rock of Cashel. Looking forward to seeing you there.

http://mccarthy.montana.com/MacCarthyMor.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

csk wrote:
    Have you got the link, never heard of such a thing. Of course if such a commision existed any such titles would be purely ornamental.

It goes against the constitution anyway for titles of nobility to be conferred. We are all citizens of Ireland and all equal before the law!

http://www.nli.ie/fr_offi.htm

An unusual office for the government of a Republic isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Mick86 wrote:
    http://www.nli.ie/fr_offi.htm

An unusual office for the government of a Republic isn't it.
    That office has a very important job to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

O'Brien means of Brian Boruma, so if you are an O'Brien, you've got a claim to the highkingship of Ireland :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Nah you have to be directly from the line though

Also there is a goverment group with such clan thing but have no power.

Advertisement