Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Silence

Options
  • 15-03-2007 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

Anybody hear anything about this movie?

It is being released in the US this month and it is from the people behind the 'SAW' series.

I checked out the trailer and it gave me a shiver up my spine............mainly because killer dolls/clowns freak me out :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Just watched the trailer there - nothing spectacular, really reminded me of the "Puppet Master" films and also a touch of "Darkness Falls" in there too.

I get the feeling that it will probably an over the top gore fest relying on shocks to get to the audience.

Whilst not something ill rush out to see I will probably make it to it at some stage.

Any word on its release date over here ? THe trailer says March but I assume thats US release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

c-13 has just said it, watch the Puppetmaster series and the Dolls series to see this type of thing already been done a thousand times over. Having said that I quite like the Saw guys and do look forward to seeing this effort but they'd wanna have some good scares or something somewhat original. The plot is fairly cliché at the moment. Wrongfully killed ventriloquist and loayal vengeful dolls. Pretty much Darkness Falls as said crossed with Dolls. Can't wait till DerekP11 aka "Charles Band 4 Ever" gets in here! :D No offense D!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Yeah I agree with both of you guys, it does look very clichéd but it could turn out to be fairly decent movie, mainly because of the Saw connection. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on www.rottentomatoes.com and see what sort of reaction it gets state side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Quick update!

Just found a review of this movie.

4 out of 5, not too shabby :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

Eh.... I don't know about this. Obviously it will appeal to the new gen, but Niallon was predicting me, because yes, I do believe it has to be a total and absolute rip-off, of Stuart Gordons' "Dolls" and the Charles Band (self rip-off) series of Puppetmaster films. That said, the SFX will obviously be better along with production values, but it looks like a very unoriginal piece from film-makers who should know better or think us diehards have forgotten or don't care.

As I type, Im thinking that a ventriluquist's dummy has been done before.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

This link leads to a Roland Emmerich piece that I seen years ago. Its a doll that looks like a ventriolquist's dummy. IMDB have it down as the American title, but on video in Europe it was, "Making Contact".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089378/

My mind is going round and round as Im still thinking of a movie where the ventriolquists dummy is posessed by the spirit of the actual ventriloquist.

Goosebumps "Night Of The Living Dummy?" :D Great show!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0591353/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

niallon wrote:
    Goosebumps "Night Of The Living Dummy?" :D Great show!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0591353/

AHHH ! I knew I remembered it from somewhere else too ! :D

Was great to have some scary stuff I was actually allowed to watch as a kid!

Advertisement