Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish open sat in fitz?

Options
  • 15-03-2007 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

Is there a irish open sat tonight in the fitz? What time and what's buyin? Sorry, firewall blocking irish open site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Every thursday except end of month, think this tells more.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055063232

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

CodeMonkey wrote:
    Is there a irish open sat tonight in the fitz? What time and what's buyin? Sorry, firewall blocking irish open site.

i might venture into this anyone else going in.......?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

is there a ticket guaranteed ??

is there a ticket guaranteed ??

not to sure but i hear there was enough of a prize-pool lastweek for two tickets......
    [Clamper correct me if im wrong, u have a ticket already. meany];)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

You know too much for your own good

i was asking out of greed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

yes 1 ticket is gaurenteed

Think I might make my 4th live appearance of the year for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

you will have t bring your mouse with you oscar and put it on d table so you feel at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

bohsman wrote:
    Think I might make my 4th live appearance of the year for this.

Ye better get rebuying so lads - thats one ticket gone...

Tony Flushdraw and Niall Ocallagh both ave stacked or so with 5 left as I was leaving, 3 tickets, hopefully they both get there but one good player had a mountain of chips - said something about just after winning a wsop event in AC. Ronan Ryan and one shortstack I didnt recognise also left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

75 runners with 10k in the prize pool resulting in 3 tickets.

Managed to scrape in!!! We modified the structure 4 handed which saw us all get some money/vouchers towards the IO. Dave from UK (living in USA) took 3100 in vouchers, I got 2500 cash for 2nd and Tony and Ronan got 3rd and 4th respectively for 2100 each.

When the final table formed I was quite short with 30k. Tony and Dave were both CLs with about 180k, Ronan had a stack of about 120k and the rest were between 40k and 80k. I pushed a LOT, split a 30-70 against Tony (sorry!) to stay in, and trebled with TT so by the time we got 3 handed it was 150k(Me) vs 300k (Dave) vs 155k (Tony). Next hand I make it 35k on the button with 55 and both Dave and Tony call. Flop is 854 and Tony pushes for 90k with TP. My set holds up and we went into HU even stacked. After a few hands I had dropped 80k and we decided to chop it up based on chips.

Shattered now but delighted, have a bit now for Norn Iron Open (as kp calls it) so might head up tomorrow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

bohsman wrote:
    Tony Flushdraw and Niall Ocallagh both ave stacked or so with 5 left as I was leaving, 3 tickets, hopefully they both get there but one good player had a mountain of chips - said something about just after winning a wsop event in AC. Ronan Ryan and one shortstack I didnt recognise also left.

Strange night of cards. Myself, Ocallagh, Ronan and a bloke from the states were playing 4 handed for about 30 mins. Niall managed to treble up and then a discussion took place about a deal. We decided to play for 1 full ticket @ €3500 and 3 prizes of €2100. I'd just dropped to shortstack after giving Niall 50k the previous hand so who was i to argue!

In the end i went out 3rd when, in a 3 way raised pot, i flopped top pair and Niall flopped a set and that was all she wrote. Got a tiny piece of change back but i was allin on the blinds next hand. Niall and the other lad sorted a deal between themselves when 2 handed.

I played pretty well tonight and when i got down to the FT, I was 2nd or 3rd in chips and even though Ocallagh was fairly shortstacked, i still classed him as the big danger at the table. WP and GG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Wow, we did well getting our stories straight! Thought you played a great game from what I saw, kept the pressure on and played the big stack perfectly from about 5 tables out. If you take down that A9 v 9T flop I'm sure you take a full ticket, but you under estimated my hitting skills:)

Also your man Dave from UK/USA played well I thought. I heard he got lucky against Wes in a big pot. He's off to Foxwoods now for a WPT event and is looking to sell 3100 in vouchers if anyone wants to take them.

ocallagh wrote:
    Wow, we did well getting our stories straight! Thought you played a great game from what I saw, kept the pressure on and played the big stack perfectly from about 5 tables out. If you take down that A9 v 9T flop I'm sure you take a full ticket, but you under estimated my hitting skills:)

Also your man Dave from UK/USA played well I thought. I heard he got lucky against Wes in a big pot. He's off to Foxwoods now for a WPT event and is looking to sell 3100 in vouchers if anyone wants to take them.

LOL yeah when i started my post, you hadnt got yours in already! The only slight error in yours was that i started the FT with 110k, so i didnt donk off quite as much! Had a couple of yoyo moments getting to the FT but felt good. Your timing with your pushes was impeccable for the whole game so you defo deserved to get where you did. No sit out next week ffs and give someone else a chance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

well done lads

Well played lads [Nial dont think you need to play anymore of these satellites :p ]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Well done lads, sorry you didn't get a ticket in the end Wes, even after my donations before and after the break, meh.

Im off for a week sking, so after the trips to the chiropractor and physio afterwards i'll see you all at the Irish open:D :D

Well done flushdraw, at last says you, it's been close a couple of times.

Thanks folks but its still gonna cost me another 1500 to make up the ticket..

If Niall wasnt at the table, i'm pretty sure i would have got the ticket..Everytime i sensed weakness or saw an opening to steal, he shoved his chips in first! Bar Ronan, it wasnt really a difficult table, it was just about picking your spots and Niall did it better than me.

I'll defo see you in the IO Smurph and i've almost decided to play the Fitz 500 instead of the NI games so i guess i'll see you there

smurph wrote:
    Well done lads, sorry you didn't get a ticket in the end Wes, even after my donations before and after the break, meh.

Im off for a week sking, so after the trips to the chiropractor and physio afterwards i'll see you all at the Irish open:D :D

Well done flushdraw, at last says you, it's been close a couple of times.

yeah i got a bit unlucky smurph, after limping in on the button with K9d - flop comes 957 [2clubs]..... guy in MP bets 6k I sense that he's weak and chip it in for another 24k hoping thats the end of it, he thinks about it and says i think your on a straight draw.... so he calls with A7o :eek:

turn is another 9c and river is 10c... yes i win with a set, ehhhhh Nooo he has Ac..... dam flush...

if i won that pot i was a good contender for a ticket.... ahhh well [went out 13th or 14th]

Advertisement