Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baseball Team Northside Dubin

Options
  • 15-03-2007 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Ok I am thinking of setting up a team for nothside Dublin. There is only teams on the south of the liffey and I think it would be a good idea any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭PappaCSkillz22

Just a quick note on a reply to this sent over private message - for everyones information!

Originally Posted by jjbrien
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PappaCSkillz22

Hi, how's it going? Have you played before? Are you currently in the league?

Thanks
    Cormac
    I played softball in Canada but not baseball. Ity a pity there is no nothside team in the baseball league. Can it be that hard to get 9 players on north dublin to play.

my answer

Well, it's not exactly that simple. First, the main field, the custom made field is in Clondalkin, players travel from all over Dublin, North, South and West to play there.

The guys who have fields in Greystones and Shankill are working to create an actual diamond with a mound.

Apart from that, you would need at least 16-17 players to form a squad to be able to field a team the entire season. Finally, the standard in the A league is quite high now and you would need at least 2-3 good pitchers, 2 good catchers to survive a season.

There is a B league too.

On top of all that, the season starts in 2 weeks and the schedule has been done out so, it would be very tricky to do it all again.

Now, dont mean to sound too negative, but if you did want to play I suggest you hook up with a team that is already in existance this season, either A or B league.

You could then get the feel for the league and over the next offseason create a team on the northside with the leagues help

Here's a preview of the upcoming season.
    Here's more on getting involved in Irish Baseball
    Feel free to drop me a line with any questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Cormac

Nice mention in the 'Misplaced Bostonians Podcast'

BigDragon wrote:
    Cormac

Nice mention in the 'Misplaced Bostonians Podcast'

Cool - I didn't catch it, what did they say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Cool - I didn't catch it, what did they say?
    http://www.podomatic.com/podcast/embed/tmb

• Advertisement
Advertisement