Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't write poems? Qualify much easier!

Options
  • 15-03-2007 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

I was never a good poet so i couldnt take roundtower up on his generous offer but i do like sng's and i also like the idea of playing the Irish Open. So here's the plan. Get 60 players 60 Euro buy in for a double shootout. Six tables of 10 with 5k stack and twenty minute blinds. The 6 winners then play a Final Table six seater sng for an irish open ticket. I'm sure i could get the Jackpot on board to host this event for a small reg fee. If there is much interest i will talk to sarah or duke by the end of the week and organise it for the following weekend maybe Saturday the 24th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭boba_fett3099

Sound like a great idea marc count me in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

AKQJ10 wrote:
    I was never a good poet so i couldnt take roundtower up on his generous offer but i do like sng's and i also like the idea of playing the Irish Open. So here's the plan. Get 60 players 60 Euro buy in for a double shootout. Ten tables of 6 with 5k stack and twenty minute blinds. The 6 winners then play a Final Table six seater sng for an irish open ticket. I'm sure i could get the Jackpot on board to host this event for a small reg fee. If there is much interest i will talk to sarah or duke by the end of the week and organise it for the following weekend maybe Saturday the 24th.

lol im sure the maths is wrong here somewhere but i get the point. nice idea, but alas me thinks you shalt not 60 players getteth... im in though if u do!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

if you dont get 60 you could do 5 tables of ten with top 2 going through - 32 with 5 heads uop matches, the logistics are that hard to work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Good idea, maybe a bit optimistic but i'd be up for it if it gets off the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

yeah it sounds like a good plan. I'd better brush up on my heads up skills

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

carlop wrote:
    yeah it sounds like a good plan. I'd better brush up on my heads up skills
    Those lessons are still on offer, but the price has risen considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Why play these things live? Online is so much easier. I'd have no interest in going to the Jackpot, but I'd almost certainly play it on Stars or Full Tilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Yea I'd prefere to play it online too, that way we could get some of the non dublin boardsies to play too,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

shoutman wrote:
    Yea I'd prefere to play it online too, that way we could get some of the non dublin boardsies to play too,

Count me in if this gets organised, online or live......

• Registered Users Posts: 36,192 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ianmc38 wrote:
    Why play these things live? Online is so much easier. I'd have no interest in going to the Jackpot, but I'd almost certainly play it on Stars or Full Tilt.

Because Live poker is the nuts and my edge is considerably greater.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Because Live poker is teh gay and my edge is considerably greater.

FYP

ianmc38 wrote:
    FYP

W / E

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Because Live poker is the nuts and my edge is considerably greater.
    lol@live being the nuts. just brush up on your timing tells obv.

lol@live being the nuts. just brush up on your timing tells obv.

I just said "whatever" out loud after I read that sentance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Did ya do the big W with your hands as you said it? (must be read in a Dr Cox voice)

the idea is good OP hope it works out...I'm sure people more can get creative on the run in to this event with some more ideas......think people , only a few weeks left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

ianmc38 wrote:

Ian, hows about you set-up an online private tournie on stars similar to the ones we had for the BCOOP. Maybe an $80 FO $50+$50 game for boardsies only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭ligger

Flushdraw wrote:
    Ian, hows about you set-up an online private tournie on stars similar to the ones we had for the BCOOP. Maybe an $80 FO $50+$50 game for boardsies only

I'd play this one.

Flushdraw wrote:

Well I dont mind doing it, but if the OP wants to set it up that would be great.

Advertisement