Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is 1080p necessary

Options
  • 14-03-2007 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

hi

I was reading today about hd ready and true hd. as im planning on buying a new 32" sony bravia in the next few weeks i no its not 1080p compatiable but in the magazine it said that 32" tvs wont really notice too much of a jump from 1080i to 1080p. is this true or should i wait until the prices come down on 1080p.

Ill be using it for xbox 360 and thats probaly the only hd input that will be going into it for a few years, normal sky.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Yes your right , 1080P will largely go unnoticed on a 32 inch , although you will notice the difference between HD and normal SD TV and in the xbox 360 , the resolution that most 32 inchs display is much closer to 720p .

1080p is for huge displays or wall projectors , very impressive they are too when fed with the right content by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

can i ask another question and this may sound stupid but it says:

Video Signal
    576i YES
    480p YES
    576p YES
    1080i YES
    720p YES

but on another site it says Disply Format 720p.
    What exactly does this mean, is 1080i better than 720p and by these figures what does the tv actuly display at.

Thanks for your reply aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

it natively displays 720p. it also upscales576i etc.. up to 720p.

1080i means interlaced and 1080p means progressive.

progressive is smoother moving images so thats why 720p is best for fast moving images.

moe

cheers for that.the tv im going to try and convince my dad to get is this one.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=328555&view=links

can i just ask is the tv also capable of displaying at 1080i

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

yup

• Advertisement

cheers for that i tink ill just have to try and get it now

Advertisement