Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fujitsu Siemens laptops - any good?

Options
  • 14-03-2007 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Cousin thinkin o buyin one. Dunno myself if they're any good cos up until recently I didn't even know they were manufacturing them! He'd only be looking for something round the 800 euro mark, so would a Fujitsu Siemens be a good buy, or should he stay away from them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

Yes I've had a number of Amilo's, and they've been grand, make sure you buy at retail and not on-line that way if you do have an issue you have a shop to go back into and exert your rights.

W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭defenstration

Surely the warranty would be with Fujitsu and not the shop? Why, is Fujitsu online support poor or sumthin?

Nope Fujitsu warranty is good and in line with others, but if you do have an issue then it's easier to resolve at a shop level.

Search for complaints here about laptopsdirect.ie and you will see what happens when things go wrong with an online retailer.

By the way your legal contract when you purchase a product is not with the manucturer it's with the company you directly purchased it from.

W

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Wouldnt touch them, A mate of mine in Holland waited 5 weeks for a simple repair on a Fujitsu Siemens laptop. He got it new in a large department store similar to PC World. About 6 months later the dvd drive failed to read or write. It went back to the manufacturers and took that long, he made exhautive enquiries for it as he needed it for work.

A job fitting a replacement slimline dvd writer should take no more than 15minutes to a competant PC technician. Despite whats said about Dell, at least you can bark at their door step if something goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

Avoid them like the plague!
    I had the misfortune of buying one and i was never so happy to sell anything on....

• Advertisement

Well I've used them for years and have never had any major issues, but sure we're all entitled to our opionons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I've never had any trouble with my Fujitsu laptop, or any of the three previous Fujitsu PCs I owned.
    Perhaps I treat them nicely.

So there you go, two for two which proves that opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one.

W

Advertisement