Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westbury card club malahide? any use?

Options
  • 14-03-2007 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Well I've recently been dating a girl from Malahide and after we booze I usually venture down there with her to play some pool, and have been noticing all the poker posters up etc.

I'm a pretty big poker player and love to play and a few times now I have had people just randomly asking me would I like to come inside for a cash game. Obviously I've turned it down due to the fact I dont wna leave my girlfriend sitting around watching me.

Just wondering is the place ok cause I might mosey on down some nights to their tournaments or even for a cash game.

But dont wanna be going in if there is any fishy ****, the few times ive been asked has been after 2am and the players all seem to speak the same language as the dealer and I'd be the only irish guy there.

Any info on the place would be nice thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

its quite good and very professional overall, while managing to keep an air of common sence and a fun environment. The big cahoona, Bruno Lupo is a fun loving guy and really loves what he is doing there, which is great as most owners just see it as pure business.

they have a schedule of tourneys there and we at Poker Ireland have a regular Wednesday satellite game into the Irish Open buy in is only €100+15 reg and 1 rebuy or top up of €50, whish should be good this week if you can make 8:30 this evening we would be delighted to see you there.

we have been managing a ticket and cash up til now, so,,,,see you there maybe

i do hoever have a question, you said in your post that you were a big poker player, does this mean that you play for large amounts or that you are literally big as in 6'10" and weigh 25 stone ????

if so, bring your own chair please

The Clamper :cool: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

haha im a big player as in i travel round alot playing :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭pokerscene

I run a game their on a Tuesday night, Usual mix of standard. Its a 50+10 F/o 6k starting stack 20min clock usually gets 30-40 runners. also a couple of cash tables after the tournament.

Advertisement