Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a 40" 1080p LCD TV

Options
  • 14-03-2007 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

I am in the market for a reasonably future-proof 40" 1080p LCD TV in the next ~two months.

The main model i have been eyeing up is the €1,800Samsung LE40F71B (http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=325560).

Does anybody out there have any experience with this set? I want to use it with my media centre PC, with an Xbox 360 (and maybe a Wii later on) and also to watch NTL digital on (but will probably switch to Sky HD next year when more channels become available).

cheers folks,
    Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Something worth checking is that the tv takes 1080p over all inputs. My 37" 1080p TV (xoro 3742) can't take 1080p over VGA which kind of sucks for the 360, as the 360s hd dvd add on only displays 1080p over vga.

Also I'd imagine that the samsung will be cheaper on German sites such as topvision, hardwareversand and technikdirekt. Could be worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

whoa that's a good point, because i run my 360 over vga at the moment and would want to make sure it takes the 1080p signal over that interface. :) thanks mate

Advertisement