Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aine Lawlor - Sigh

Options
  • 14-03-2007 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Jebus woman learn to read a clock. Its got to the point where if she does a time check I now look to check her check.

Worse, her condition is now infecting her collegues, this morning her co-presenter was declaring it to be twenty-seven minutes to eight at twenty-seven minutes to nine.

/thousands roll over and pull the duvet over thier heads, then throw it across the room in panic!

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Surely its not beyond RTE on such a "flagship show" to have some kind of digital clock which would cut out those errors eg 08.21.45..08.21.46.

These analogue devices seem to have them fooked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

What a great new excuse for being late - Aine Lawlor !!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I waved her out in front of me the other day as she was coming out of RTE. My, but she was in an awful hurry, probably late for another appointment.

And why would anyone listen to "old fogey" Radio 1 in the morning - change station if the time checks raise the blood pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm an old fogey. I flick between Moring Ireland and NewsTalks' brekky show.

Mike.

Don't apologise Mike.

Never apologise for trying to broaden your knowledge.

Its obvious a lot of posters on Boards never listen to current affairs or news programmes.Mindless Bam bam bam 24/7.... ok you takes your pick,but don't criticise me if in my opinion that stuff doesn't teach you anything-and it shows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

i am a gay..

but anyway...i think radio is grrrrrrrrreat

yer one aine isnt, i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

Sorry all, above wasn't posted by me. I left my laptop switched on in error and somebody obviously thought it would be funny to post a comment or two using my user name. Apologies again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

couldn't bear listening to the crap the other stations spew in the morning, gift grub reruns and squeeky trolls, all encapsulated by mindless drivel from presenters and the same 4 songs played at the same time every day, you'd swear it was the automatic dj 300 from the simpsons.
    Radio 12 at least offers somethjing to think about their news is informative like Newstalk or INN not filled with "Guess what zelebritys wore what to the gym?" rubbish, plus they mightn't be able to pronounce the woord gardai properly but at least they don't use slang in news reports

Spot on J R ... Mindless competitions,mindless DJs and dragging up z listers ad nausium.Anto,Decko,Wayne etc. etc. from Fair City

Spare me...........The I:D nsult Thread has more literary merit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Aines clock reading problems concern me far less than her tendency to bleat monologues at interviewees in the guise of 'questions'. Real pros ask pointed questions and do not bleat endlessly .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I cringe when Aine Lawlor is on, she's like a giddy school girl. I wonder what her fellow RTE broadcasters feel about her?

I was going to watch a Primetime show but as she was doing the voice over I watched something else.

I'm sure she is an OK person but RTE please confine her the other side of the glass.

God those senceless remarks,chuckles and her grateing voice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

She is a dreadful radio experience. As I said before get Rachel English in or (mmmm) Olivia O Leary with assistance from Rachel English .

Olivia always was my favourite and can ask the most beautifully pointed questions with the most exquisite timing. Perfect drivetime serious news radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭chamar

Another thing that annoys me is that Cathal MaCoille (sp) breathing heavily into the microphone when some guest is being interviewed. All you hear is snorts, huffs and puffs. For god sake man!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

Sponge Bob wrote:
    She is a dreadful radio experience. As I said before get Rachel English in or (mmmm) Olivia O Leary with assistance from Rachel English .

Olivia always was my favourite and can ask the most beautifully pointed questions with the most exquisite timing. Perfect drivetime serious news radio.

Really ? What did you think of her [O'Leary] interview of Nelson Mandela all those years ago ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Happy Aine is healthy I assume but sad she's back on the radio,:mad: I'll be tuning over to NT when she's on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

She was back on this morning and misread the clock within a hour or so of being back on!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

mike65 wrote: »
    She was back on this morning and misread the clock within a hour or so of being back on!

Arragh sure MI wouldn't be the same without a misread clock or nose-whistling! On a personal level, I'm delighted she's back and wish her well with her ongoing recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Someday, I'm going to do what I promised to do a long while back, go into town, buy a copy of this and send it to the MI 'timeteam' for required reading....

teaching-telling-time-51519.jpg

edit: ...and if I find a copy of "A guide to controlling your nose-whistling" that's going in to the package as well. :D

Advertisement