Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StarGate SG1 Its All Over

Options
  • 14-03-2007 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Well I have to say that for a last ever episode it didn't really clear anything up, OK the Asgard are history but come on. They could have done a bit more with it being the last one, and no sign of Jack.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Yeah, I was kinda waiting for the usually end of season episode, big bad gets its ass handed to it or some revaltion to mark the end of one the best tv show s ever.

Obviuosly the Asgard dying was huge
    (I was expecting a feet of Asgard ships to attack the Ori ships at first, would have been great)

Daniel and Vala hooking up was once again a major story.

But it been the last episode ever I was really disappointed that Jack didnt turn up.

I will miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Series is over, but the two movies should wrap it all up.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well, one movi to wrap the Ori (thank god) and then some episodal stuff.

The only problem I have is: are they going to give it an ever more graceful exeunt in a later movie? I mean, I still don't feel as if ST:Enterprise is finished /=/

It would have been important to see Jack, but I'm sure he will be turning up and around for a long time yet.

You realise of course now, that it has started:

there were Trekkies...and now.......GATERS........or Gatees...or something...........

And we'll have stupid debates like 'who was better: colonel kirk - err..O'Niell or .... colonel Picard?'

And oh god the merchandising......*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Overheal wrote:
    You realise of course now, that it has started:

there were Trekkies...and now.......GATERS........or Gatees...or something...........

And we'll have stupid debates like 'who was better: colonel kirk - err..O'Niell or .... colonel Picard?'

And oh god the merchandising......*shudder*

I find this very unlikely but wouldnt mind my own special edition Teal'c in Jaffa uniform :)

Indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

I agree that the last episode was not your typical end of series episode. But that is Stargate SG-1 for you all the episodes they made over the years that were meant to be the end of the series episodes (e.g. the end of season eight) have never been seen by fans as end of series episodes, the producers said it themselves that they have written many episodes that were meant to show the end of the series many times only for it to be returned the next year.

I was sorry to see the loss of the Asgard they have been really cool; although I am happy they used Thor for the episode.

the producers said it themselves that they have written many episodes that were meant to show the end of the series many times only for it to be returned the next year.

I agree. Somehow it would be unfitting to get an end all finale. It needed the opening.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It is sad to see it go but a serious finale wouldn't have suited the tone of the show. B5 ending with "Sleeping in Light" suited the epic nature of the show but SG-1 wrapping up on a primarily character piece suits the tone of this show.

Much like B5 we can have films afterwards, but I think an episode like this is really "the end". There's going to be more adventures (we might get hints of them in SGA S4) and the potential to go ever on, to see the team marching through the event horizon at the end is perfect. The slow chevron call by Walter at the end was good too - liked the fact they called out to him by name - nice farewell touch to the actor who's been in more episodes than anyone outside the main cast.

It will be missed, but at least there's 214 episodes to reflect on. In your face every other US sci-fi show :)

Did anyone else help but get emotional during the closing scene?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ixoy wrote:
    It will be missed, but at least there's 214 episodes to reflect on. In your face every other US sci-fi show :)
    And looking back through the DVDs I'm still finding episodes I've never seen before. Like the episode "Demons", season 3 ep 6, which I only found recently, and I know there's more I've never seen. There's a lot of DVDs to sift through.

So, it's like it's not really over at all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I really enjoyed this episode, it sutied the series well. I'll miss stargate as I started watching as a teenage boy, now it's over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

The movies are gonna end everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

A special message from Amanda Tapping aka Sam Carter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cqGXPymUlM

P.S. Have a look at her official website as well, she is always been very aware of her fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I have seasons 1-7 on DVD, but looking back on them, there is no doubt that this finale was a pale imitation of their best. I'm sceptical as to the benefit of the two movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

No macgyver was a bit dissapointing, and the demise of the Asgard was a wtf moment for me. Sad to see it end, but then again it had to, it never reached the heights of the anubis sagas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I find this very unlikely but wouldnt mind my own special edition Teal'c in Jaffa uniform :)

You know you can actually buy that like?

But yeah, I really didn't like 'Unending', when I get home I'll watch it more and see if it grows on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I keep telling myself that he producers will suddenly leap out from behind a DHD and shout "Psyche!"

There is LOADS of loose ends in the 'Gate universe and I honestly dont see how 2 movies are going to tie it up properly.

Methinks we will be seeing Shanks, Tapping, Judge and the immortal Anderson (and the others to) from time to time on Atlantis (provided they dont bork that too much).

You know you can actually buy that like?

But yeah, I really didn't like 'Unending', when I get home I'll watch it more and see if it grows on me.

I KNEW IT! NO ONE IS SAFE! GATE CONVENTIONS! SIGNINGS BY CELEBRITY SENIOR CITIZENS! CARS PIMPED OUT TO LOOK LIKE CARGO SHIPS! TRICORDERS TO BE REPLACED BY ZATGUNS! WE'RE SCREWED!!!

I'm not immune either: I thought that miniature diorama you saw in Avenger 2.0 was pretty slick...

WE'RE ALL SCREWED AND OUR CHILDREN WILL CONDEMN US FOR THE NEXT 3 GENERATIONS!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 darthculain

Now, I tend not to watch Atlantis, but has it occurred to anyone else that there's an Asgard on the Daedalus?

Somehow I imagine they will be missing next season. If not they will turn it into a full episode to make up for their folly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Overheal wrote:
    I KNEW IT! NO ONE IS SAFE! GATE CONVENTIONS! SIGNINGS BY CELEBRITY SENIOR CITIZENS! CARS PIMPED OUT TO LOOK LIKE CARGO SHIPS! TRICORDERS TO BE REPLACED BY ZATGUNS! WE'RE SCREWED!!!

I'm not immune either: I thought that miniature diorama you saw in Avenger 2.0 was pretty slick...

WE'RE ALL SCREWED AND OUR CHILDREN WILL CONDEMN US FOR THE NEXT 3 GENERATIONS!!!!!!!

...no I meant down the road, any old comic book shop like.

My prophetic warning stands.

Advertisement