Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin St Patrick's festival "Treasure Hunt" - any good?

Options
  • 13-03-2007 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

http://www.stpatricksday.ie/cms/events_treasurehunt.html

Anyone done this in the past? Is it any good (for a bunch of mature-ish adults), or is it more, like, y'know, for the kids?

Are there any interesting pub-crawl/drinking game variations (e.g. have a pint in the nearest hostelry after solving each clue)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I did it last year. It's good fun... but it's a serious amount of walking. It took me about 4 hours to do it last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

4 hrs? :eek:

They say anyone taking < 2 hrs will be disqualified, now I see why.

So it's not just for kids? (I guess not, at 4 hrs)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well I brought my 9 year old nephew with me last year and he was certainly getting foot sore by the end of it.

The questions aren't terribly taxing though. You may already know the answers, and if you don't they answers are readily available at the location. You're told which locations to go to. They're mostly heritage sites and they give you free access if you're on the treasure hunt.

Advertisement